Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent troubles

I am 17 and really want to move out. I know that everyone thinks it's a bad idea but my parents and I never stop fighting and i fear that it will get physical. My little sister always tries to stop the fights but it's just more yelling. I want to move in with 6 other people from my job. Most of them are very close with me. I won't be moving very far so I can still see my parents when i want. My senior year will be very easy. I only have three classes next year. I have enough money to support myself and pay for my car. Is there like a form or something that my parents and me can sign??? Please I need help to get this done legally. I live in south Florida.

Re: Parent troubles

Thank you for using our bulletin service.
    It sounds like you have been getting into a lot of arguments with your parents and you are afraid that it might turn physical. This is a practical concern to have and if you ever feel like your immediate safety is threatened please call the police. We understand that you want to move out and make sure that it is done legally. One option that you could consider is becoming legally emancipated. According to our resources most legal places in Florida say that the first step to becoming emancipated in Florida is to get a lawyer. We also want to let you know that the emancipation process can sometime be long and costly. If you would like more information about the process of emancipation you can call the general intake number for Florida 1-800-625-2257
    If you would like to talk about this or other options available to you please give us a call and one of our trained liners will be happy to assist you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X