No announcement yet.

Help us please

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help us please

    My mom has been emotionally abusing my sister and it really hurts me to hear the things my mom screams to her. My sister started feeling suicidal and so she started cutting herself. I don't want that for her because I know what she is feeling like. I used to cut myself too but then I realized that I wasn't the problem my mom was. "The lady,"aka my mom, always uses the fact that my sister cuts herself against her. During a fight they were having "the lady" grabbed my sister by her faced and started to slap her and started to scream to her "what are you going to do about this now!" And then my sister finally had the chance to walk away and ran to her room and closed the door and as she was running my mom told her "what?! Are you gonna go cut yourself now ?!" and then the lady also screamed to her "I hate you! I'm so tired and sick of you!!" the way she said it was so heartless. I can't watch my sister go through pain any longer. A 12 year old shouldn't live this way. I want to call CPS but I don't know whether they are going to let us live with our dad. I don't mind living with him but I don't want my mom having contact with us if we do end up living with my dad. Please I don't know whether CPS will take this case or not

  • #2
    Reply: Help us please

    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

    It sounds like you and your sister are going through a very tough emotional time at home.
    The things you described your mother doing are unfair and sound abusive.
    The two of you don’t deserve this. It is through no fault of your own that this is happening.
    You are very brave in wanting to protect your sister and by reaching out to NRS.

    It sounds like aside from possibly contacting CPS you might consider talking with your father.
    Sometimes even when there is CPS involvement the first option to place children that are at risk in their home is to place them with a relative. Your father could possibly get consideration for gaining custody of you.

    There are laws to protect children from child abuse. Each state has a CPS agency where a report can be made.
    If you would like to know where you can file a child abuse report you can contact Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453
    We here at NRS can also assist you with filing an abuse report with CPS.
    We are mandated reporters.

    We can also help if you would like to just get information about how to file a report or what constitutes child abuse. We can assist you by contact your local CPS agency and ask questions on your behalf. You can listen in and protect your anonymity.
    How does that sound?

    Give us a call at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929).

    We hope that you continue to advocate for yours and your sisters wellbeing.

    Be safe and take care,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove