No announcement yet.

I want to move to my mother’s but I don’t know how.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to move to my mother’s but I don’t know how.

    So my dad is a complete jerk and he constantly drinks alcohol which one time led to him peeing on my school stuff the day I was supposed to go to my mother’s 3 days before the Christmas of 2018 and he did nothing about it. He texted me to come back so he could drive me to my mother’s house yet I knew he was still drunk so I called my mom and she said to call the police and I did. I called the my mom and 911 after I jumped out of my bedroom window (which isn’t that far from the ground) and ran to my best friend’s house and waited for the police to arrive at both my house and my friends. Then 1 hour and 30 minutes later my mom showed up. I was there for a week and my dad made ridiculous claims like I woke up banging my head on my door and he said he would quit drinking. When I had to go back home I really wanted to stay with my mother but I had to go so I did and guess what I found in my room......the disgusting pee covered school stuff a stain of where the pee was and I almost burst out swearing because he ruined a book on the assassination of JFK that my mother got me and I had to throw everything away and clean the floor and table it was on and had to spray Febreze on everything in the room. Fast forward to the last week of May in 2019 and he still drinks I also want to mention that he almost died in a drunk driving incident where he was the drunk driver and bruised his heart. I really want to move to my mothers as soon as my birthday has been celebrated on June 9th.

    Please tell me that this will work out this way I only said a fraction of what he has done. Thank You

  • #2
    Hey there,

    Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with someone who acts so unpredictable and reckless. It may be a good idea to talk to your mom about your father's behavior to see if she can file for full custody. You and your mother may want to contact your local legal aid group or DCFS office for information on how to go about this.

    It can be really hard to live with someone who struggles with an addiction to alcohol. We want you to know that you are not alone. If you’d like to talk to other young people who are dealing with friends or family members who have drinking problems you can check out Alateen. You can find more information about this support group, or find a local meeting here: Some of your father's actions could be considered neglect and you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

    If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

    All the best,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif