Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen Money. I Really Need Help, Please.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Money. I Really Need Help, Please.

Okay, so I think my dad is selling drugs or doing something else that's illegal. He doesn't have a job, but yet has thousands of dollars in his wallet, some of which he claims is 'bill money'. The only thing is, he doesn't pay any bills. We live in my grandmother's house which is an extremely stressful environment in it's self. We just moved here from Florida because we couldn't afford our rent. I had really settled myself into Florida after moving around all my life, and that was basically the last straw. I think and daydream about going back all the time. I've seen how much money my dad has and I know it would be enough to at least get us out of my grandmother's house and living on our own. One night, I was looking at my dad's wallet and... I took two hundred dollars from him. I just couldn't help it! I want to go back home, at least to visit, so badly, I might die if I can't. I created this whole story to take the blame off of me, but now I'm dangerously close to getting caught in a lie. I can't go to my parents and tell the truth. I'd be like, dead. I really want to run away from all of this, my evil home, my parent's distrust, and all of that. I'm considering taking the money and running, going somewhere, I don't know. Can you please give me some advice or help me? What should I do? I'm so lost...

Re: Stolen Money. I Really Need Help, Please.

Thank you for sharing your situation with us at the National Runaway Switchboard.
    It sounds like you are in a tough spot right now. We’re not quite sure what you meant when you said you created this whole story to take the blame off of you. However, we are in no position to judge or place blame on you. It sounds like you are concerned with what your parents will do if they discover that you took some of your dad’s money. What do you think will happen if you tell them the truth? How do you think they will react?

It must be difficult to feel so close to “getting caught in a lie” as you put it. Is there anyone like a close friend, family member, teacher, school counselor, etc. that you might be able to discuss this with first? You also mentioned wanting to run away from all this. If you did decide to run, where would you go? How would you survive? What would you do if you get caught? It most states it is not considered illegal to runaway, but most states recognize it a crime to harbor a runaway. What this generally means is that if you stay someplace where your parents do not agree, that person could potentially get in trouble with having you stay there.

It sounds like you are feeling lost and do not know what you should do. What do you think you should do? We cannot tell you what you should or should not do, but we would be happy to discuss options with you. If you would like to talk to someone here, you are welcome to call our hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are anonymous, confidential, and available 24/7. We wish you luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: Stolen Money. I Really Need Help, Please.

Hmmm you have a tough situation. Stealing is rarely the answer. I'm guessing if it is an option in your mind then it is not your fault in the first place. I feel for your situation. If you find your Dad is doing something to put you in danger then you need to call children services and let them know. I don't think you can do this unless you are sure otherwise it will go nowhere. I will be praying for you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X