Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m tired

I’m fifteen and I want to runaway. Not forever I don’t think. I’ve looked it up and you can’t buy a hotel and I don’t have a job but I do have money saved away. My parents split a while ago and it was messy and i’m just tired of going back and forth and I told my mom and she said she’d work on it months ago but she hasn’t so I want to show her i’m serious about this because i told her I’d leave. It feels so stupid but i’m tired of being ignored and I was going to run a

Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension between you and your mom. It may be helpful to have an additional party to mediate a conversation between you and your mom. If you'd like, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can conduct a conference call with your mom. You can also reach out to a local family counseling center, trusted friend or family member or school counselor/social worker. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

It’s important to consider all the possibilities that can occur if you leave home. You will need to plan out how you will cover basic necessities like travel, food, clothing, etc. If you have a place to go in mind, it’s good to see what the expectations of the living arrangement will be like; rules, the amount of time you’re allowed to stay, if you’re expected to contribute financially, etc. This can all influence your decision to leave.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X