Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 13 and I hate my family

My family isn’t bad but they have expectations of me and I hate it because they expect me to be girly, and care about my looks, and be a damsel in distress and that’s not me at all. I’m a girl who hates girly things, loves reading, and learning archery but I last time I tried my parents took the bow away. And I just want to leave so badly but I have friends and the person I’m falling in love with here and I don’t know what to do.

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It must be very frustrating to deal with your parents trying to make you act like someone you are not. You are an individual and deserve the opportunity to follow your own path and determine who you want to be. It is completely understandable to want to leave home when your parents are not accepting of who you are. It sounds like you have a lot to lose if you leave home so it might be smart to explore what other options you have before deciding on running away. It may be a good idea to see if you can compromise with your parents about these things that they are not letting you do. That could look like asking your parents if they could be supportive of you learning archery if you met their expectation in some other area that is more doable for you. If you would like to talk in greater depth about your situation and what other options there might be, please don’t hesitate to contact us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-786-2929 or on chat at 1800runaway.org. If we cannot figure anything out we can also talk about the option of running away and how you can do it in a way that does not compromise your safety.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X