Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run away?

I want to run away, but don't know where i'll go or stay. I feel as if I am not a human being, at least in my parent's eyes. they constantly take away my belongings, down to the point of where my only belongings are simply a bed, clothes, and a table. If i object to anything that my parent's say, my mom pulls out her belt, and threatens to hit me if I say anything more. My mom also constantly threatens to take me to a third-world country in west Africa. These events have been going on for 2 years now, and I feel as if there's no other option except for me to run away. I've made a plan to wait until i'm 16, and to take my college fund and live off of that, but i'll have nowhere to go, as I live in Anchorage,Alaska,and the police will probably take me to the psychiatric institute, and my mom works there. I really don;t know what to do.

Re: Run away?

Thank you for using our crisis bulletin service.
    We are sorry to hear that your parents do not treat you like a human. It sounds like you have been giving this plan of running away a bit of thought.
    We are not trying to scare you but we want to make sure that you have thought about:
    -Do you have a safe place to go?
    -What about school? Is continuing an education important to you?
    -How are you going to survive? Food? Shelter? Transportation? Money?
    -Who can you depend on if you were to leave home?
    - What is your plan B if your first plan does not work out?
    -Who have you reached out to make things better at home?
    -If you were forced to return home, what do you think that would look like?
    -You mentioned that you plan on using your college fund to survive do you know how you can gain access to it?
    We are not here to tell you what to do. Instead we are here to try to provide you with support and resources so that if you do decide to leave home, you are doing it intelligently and safely.
    1-800-RUNAWAY
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X