Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to leave

Im 15, going on 16 in 4 months, I dont want to live at my house anymore, i live with my dad and he dosnt even egnolage me most the time, we rarely talk, and he dosnt listen to anything i say, I've long since stoped talking to him about anything, other family members also agree that i should be removed from my house hold, but i do not meet the standers for emancipation seeing as I do not have a job or a bank account.

RE: I want to leave

Hi there,

We’re really sorry to hear about what you’re going through with your dad. You definitely do not deserve to be ignored like that.
    You have some options. Some people have found talking things out with someone you trust to be helpful. Maybe that’s another relative, school counselor, or teacher. Or maybe just a trusted friend. The more support you can get, the better. Of course, you can always talk to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    You might not meet the standards for emancipation as of now, but in the future if this is still the option you are looking for we can try to give you legal aid resources in your city and state that could help with this process. There may be other options to consider. For example, if you truly feel living elsewhere would benefit you, perhaps you can talk to your father and see if there is some arrangement you could both agree on for you to live elsewhere, maybe with another relative, for instance. That’s something to consider.
    Of course, if you truly feel you are endangered or undergoing serious neglect you can always file a report with your state’s Child Protective Services agency. We can help with that if that is your situation.
    If you give us a call one of our staff can work with you to help you figure out what your next best steps are. We are totally confidential and here 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

We hope to hear from you. Good luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X