No announcement yet.

run away son

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • run away son

    This is my sons 6th time running from his fathers home for numerous reasons we have went back to court a few times and before any court changes were made my son was in counseling now hes ran again because of his dads anger and the way he talks to my son.... Now what... His father needs to be held accountable for my son running away.... How can I get a temporary order for his safety if the courts keeps saying no

  • #2
    Re: run away son

    We are very glad you reached out. It sounds like your family is going through a hard time, and it is commendable for you to be working on finding ways to hold your son’s father accountable. It must be frustrating that the courts are not helping you quicker.
    A resource that may be very helpful for you is Team HOPE, you can reach them on the web here: or by phone at: 1-866-305-HOPE (4673). Team HOPE is an organization comprised completely of parents who have gone through a child running away. This agency will allow you to speak with people who have felt things that you may be feeling, as well as offer legal and personal advice from experience.

    We are not legal experts at National Runaway Safeline (NRS), so we cannot offer you a guaranteed solution in this forum. What we can do is offer you resources that may be able to help you on a more local level. Have you been working with an attorney? Since you have been going to court, it may be beneficial for you to consult one to help you get a temporary order. Attorneys can be very expensive, but there are some that do pro bono work; since we do not know where you are located we cannot provide any specific names or numbers here. However, you can call us and we can research some options for you. We are available 24 hours/day and 365 days/year and our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY(1-800-786-2929). Another option you have is to research “pro bono attorneys” in your city and state. If you live near any, law schools also often have students that need practice in order to graduate. Their services are often times free or very low-cost, as well.

    If you do get in touch with your son, you have the option of letting him know that he can call us anytime he feels unsafe, or if he is on the streets and needs help finding shelters. We understand you do not want him running away, however, if he feels unsafe with his father and leaves to protect himself, we can help him potentially find a safe place to spend a night or two, find a meal, or even if he just needs to talk to someone outside of the situation, we can listen.
    You must be very frightened and frustrated, if you want to talk further we can potentially offer you more resources by phone. We are here to help and to listen to youth and their families as they are facing crisis. Please don’t hesitate to reach out! Again, we commend you for working hard on behalf of your son’s safety. We wish you the best.

    Stay strong, and take care,
    Last edited by ccsmod16; 04-09-2016, 06:14 PM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif