•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod7
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Sounds like you are being bullied at home and thinking about running away. That sounds really hurtful and you so deserve to be treated with respect. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon. We can talk through what you are going through, and help brainstorm options with you so you can make the best decision for you. If you would like to have a mediated conference call with your guardian about the bullying at home, we can set that up if you call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY as well. We are here to help.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    i hate my home i get bulleyd evrywone says know wone likes me evray won says i shold shut up and i shold mery the trash can so i whant to run away from home so i hope i dont do it FROM ***** i hope my dad ses this
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 05-23-2019, 02:21 PM. Reason: identifying info

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    : Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us today at the National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear that you are going through such a tough time. That’s especially difficult when things are going badly at both home and school. But things can and will get better. You may want to think about talking to an adult you trust. This could be a parent or other relative or a teacher or counselor at school. If you can think of someone you feel comfortable talking to they would certainly want to hear from you and help you figure ways to handle your situation.
    There are websites and resources that offer help for kids in your situation. You may want to look at https://www.stopbullying.gov/kids/wh...x.html#bullied. They have a section on what you can do if you’re being bullied. This website addresses how to talk to an adult about the bullying you’re experiencing, https://www.pacer.org/bullying/resou...d-an-adult.asp.
    This must be so hard but please remember that you are a good and valuable person. These people bullying you don’t define who you are. You say that you want to kill yourself, and we hope you realize that your life has real meaning. If you want to talk with someone about your feelings you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They are well trained to help people just like you. Their number is 1-800-273-8255.
    You talk about feeling the same at home as you do at school. If you ever feel unsafe in your home you can call 911 and get the police involved. If you feel you are being abused at home you can call Child Help, the National Child Abuse Hotline. Their number is 1-800-422-4453. They are there to listen to you and help you report the abuse, if that is want you want. You can call us here at NRS. We are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We can talk about your situation, help you with strategies or assist in abuse reporting. We are here to listen and to help. We hope to hear from you soon.
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    i am geting bulleyd at school and i hate my home i just what to kill my self why caont somewone just kill me i dont care and i am 10

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    replied
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - both home and school should be somewhere where you feel safe, secure, and respected. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. No one should be bullied and if you feel comfortable you can always disclose what’s going on with a trusted teacher, school counselor, or other personnel; they may be able to help. You can also check out https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/bullies.html for some “Bullying Survival Tips”.

You mentioned that you have previously had thoughts of suicide and have self-harmed in the past. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

It can be really hard to live with mental health issues like anxiety and depression, and we want you to know that you aren’t alone in addressing them. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741. Another agency that could be of great help is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), they can help you locate low or no cost mental health care providers in your area. Their number is 1-877-726-4727 or you can go to their site at samhsa.gov.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

• Homes getting so bad i can’t tell the difference between here and school

Recently my home keeps getting worse and worse. At this point it is just as bad as school. At school I get bullied consistently and am made into a puppet for people to manipulate....now the same thing is starting to happen at home. At this point i have to lie to get fresh air and when. I do that when i come back i get yelled at and at this point i’ve Stopped eating because at this point i can’t handle even the smallest emotions. I feel useless and at this point want to die. I’ve already been in the hospital for cutting. I’ve decided that if i keep on being used like a toy then the best option is to possibly run away but my anxiety says no and my depression is screaming and i don’t know what to do. If i stay this is just going to continue happening but if i leave i don’t know what could happen and i’m So confused as to what to do.... i just want to curl into a ball and hide...

i have been diagnosed with Anxiety and Deppression. I’ve been being bullied all year and then on top of that people are using me and humiliating me.
    now the same thing has began at home and i just don’t know what to do...
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X