Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't stand my home. I need to leave this place but I'm worried about my family.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't stand my home. I need to leave this place but I'm worried about my family.

I am 14 years old and have been struggling with my family for the past 5 years- ever since my sisters got involved with some bad people, did drugs, and had a child. My whole life has gone to hell since then. I just want to die here. I can't bring myself to do anything because although I argue with my family every day, I still love them. I know it sounds strange, but I'm very afraid of what will happen to them if I leave. I know they care deeply for me... All I need is a few days away from them. I just need to leave and be myself for a couple of days, that is it. Where could I possibly go? I don't want to go somewhere where they will immediately contact my parents, as that is exactly what I don't need right now. I feel like I'm being suffocated in this house. I have bad panic attacks, which can range from cutting, throwing things, yelling, and just crying for what seems like hours. I would probably have to run away during school as I live 20 miles away from the city, so I wouldn't be able to find food or anything I need to stay alive. Please help me. I have my mind set on leaving, so please don't try and talk me out of it. I just need to know how I can survive.

Reply:

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like things have become so overwhelming you have considered running away but also would like information about runaway shelters.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, we can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe,we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    You did a great job by reaching out today. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X