Im 14 my parents are making me life hell and i want to run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 14 my parents are making me life hell and i want to run away

So my parents have been really strict always yelling at me and I'm just tired of it I want to run away to a new family or be put into a foster home or something

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to hear that things at home have been so challenging. It sounds like the rules at home have made you feel that you want to live somewhere away from your parents and you’re wondering how to do that. We can’t tell you what to do, but we can review options that you have available.

One option you have is to talk to your parents about how the strict rules have been making you feel. We understand that having this conversation can be challenging, so maybe having someone like a school counselor or a trusted adult family member or friend can help you mediate that conversation. We are also available if you’d like to try having a conference call with your parents. Another option might be to talk to your school counselor, school social worker, or school psychologist, so that they can talk to you about ways to cope with the stress of being at home.

If you’ve decided you want to live somewhere else, it’s important to keep in mind that where you live is limited to whether your parents consent to have you live somewhere else. We’re not legal experts, but from what we understand, in order to be put into a foster home, your local children and family services agency would need to get involved to find out whether it is necessary & appropriate for you to be removed from your parent’s care. If you leave without their consent, they can file a runaway report with your local police department and, if they do, the local police department decides whether they’d look for you or not, and if they do, they typically return you home or have your parents pick you up.

Whatever you decide, know that we are here for you. We won’t tell you what to do, but we will do our best to help you stay safe with whatever you decide to do. You can reach out to us 24/7 by phone at 800.RUNAWAY (786.2929). We are also available every day via chat. We’re here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X