No announcement yet.

Lgbt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lgbt

I’m a bisexual but the thing is my mom thinks lgbt is disgusting and not acceptable because we’re catholic and I can’t live with her I tried to tell her once and she didn’t talk to me for a week and my dad doesn’t do anything either. I want to runaway I want to be accepted and not feel ashamed

Please see our response to your similar post:

"Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. You made a great first step to finding the help that you may need. It sounds like you are going through a lot and your parents are not being supportive of you identifying as bisexual. That has to feel pretty invalidating. You so deserve to be treated with respect, to experience acceptance and to feel safe.

We want you to know that you are strong for having gone through so much already. It is perfectly okay to deviate from what others or the common population believe to be “normal”. It sounds like your parents are making you see a priest possibly for "conversion therapy" which has proven to be pretty harmful to the LGBTQ community. Please know that no matter what they tell you,you are not any lesser than anyone else, and being bi is totally okay. You should be loved and cherished for who you are, and you do not need to change anything about you.

You’re bravery and resilience is so admirable. You are so strong for having gone through so much without having the acceptance that you do deserve for just being you. Remember that you are not alone. If you ever want to talk more about what you are experiencing or get additional support we are here 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY or our live chat service. The GLBT National Hotline at 1888-843-4564 is another option to gain great support from those that are familiar with the issues and experiences of those that are also a part of the LGBTQ community. You can access their website link bellow to utilize all the other possibly useful resources they have to offer:http://www.glbthotline.org/

If you can give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach out through Live Chat we can try to find some youth shelters that may be near your city and state by utilizing our database of resources. We can also try to call out to shelters with you or on your behalf to advocate for you.

Best,

NRS"
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X