Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked out at 17

So yesterday my mom found out I was smoking weed and she beat me really bad I have bruises on my face from her beating me and I have no one to help me or take me in she told me I have to move out and find somewhere else to live. I’m 17 years old about to finish 9th grade she took all the money I had save and won’t give it back, I only have one moth left till summer vacation and I can miss anymore days I have no way of getting to school cause I don’t have any money and my grandma is on her side so she won’t take me.

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you have experienced abuse at home from your mom. Just to let you know that is never okay. Nobody deserves to be beaten or abused. You do have the option of reporting it to the police or child protective services, Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 can help you take report your mom for hitting you in the face. It is also illegal for her to kick out before you turn 18 without providing an alternative safe place to go. If you need an emergency shelter, you can go to https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/ and find a shelter in your area. You can also call us and we can try and find you alternatives. You might also want to talk to someone at your school about your current situation so you do not fall behind. You can contact the National Center for Homeless Education Helpline at 1-800-308-2145 and see if they can help you.
    Here at the National Runaway Safeline we are here to help you. Please give us a call at anytime.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X