i want to leave, but im scared of my mom and what would happen after

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to leave, but im scared of my mom and what would happen after

so I used to like my mom when I was younger but now she’s always yelling at me and saying "wtf is wrong with you" and she said yesterday that she doesn't want me and she gave me a black eye so she didn't send me to school and I have a few more bruises. She took my phone and my Xbox and other stuff, I am on my computer that she forgot about. she is going through a lot and I get that but she takes it out on me and is always talking about her life and she said she’s only ever doing everything for me but then she didn't even notice I've been depressed for a few months. My ex which I am still very close with, we had a good breakup and we still talk, whatever. he offered to let me stay there because he know basically everything about me but his mom said that she could go to jail for keeping me there because my mom would definitely do that. It’s just me and my mom, she doesn't like ANYONE in our family and she is threatening to move me and all this stuff. This most recent thing is because I failed my first semester in AP human geo and she just kept screaming saying I was a loser, I am stupid, and I had 1 thing to do and all this other stuff. I hope she truly doesn't want me anymore because I would like to run away but she’s kind of crazy. I don’t know what to do please help...
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-16-2019, 02:12 AM.

Reply: I want to leave, but im scared of my mom and what would happen after

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like because of the relationship between you and your mother you have become quite frustrated. You don’t deserve to be called names or physically abused. It’s not your fault that this happened. No matter what someone might be experiencing it does not give them the right to hurt you.
    There are laws to protect minors against abuse. You have every right to want a safe place to live.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail, explore options and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

To report any abusive treatment there is Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-16-2019, 02:16 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X