X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I live somewhere else?

Hi
    I am 16, I live in Australia.. and I want to find out how I can live somewhere else asap!!
    I don't wanna be a complainer, my parents give me food and shelter, they are not abusive towards me. But my brother is almost 11 and he has really bad anger issues. He gets really angry over tiny things. He will get violent all the time. he will yell and scream, my parents will start yelling and screaming, he will start kicking me. I really try not to strike back at him since he is smaller than me. But often since I'm a lot bigger than him, I'll try to pry him off me and hurt him while doing it. this happened a few weeks ago, he was angry and me and kept kicking me and jumping on me. I don't even know what happened but i was trying to push him away and he started crying. my mum thought i hurt him and she drove off with him and said she was going to call the police on me! I was so angry and frustrated since I've been trying so hard not to strike back. So I took off on my bike and I didn't come back until dark. I always come back for my pets.and because I feel pretty immature and stupid taking off like that but
    Tonight he got angry at me again, he kicks and yells at me. I was so sick of it and I guess I let my emotions take over a little and I texted him that he makes me want to die. Then he showed my dad and my brother was going to run off.
    I would never commit suicide. but sometimes I just want out and into heaven. without committing suicide of course. but a few years ago I went through a phase where I was like that. not because of him because he wasn't like this as much back then, but because of something else and I used to threaten suicide to my parents (stupid I know) and so they worry since then and I have to see a psychologist every week. this has been going on for a while and I'm so tired of it. I wish I could live at my grandmas or something. anywhere but here. both my grandmothers live within 20 minutes of me, one has said I could live with her before, but I don't want to be a burden to them
    I'm not in school either. i failed at it unfortunately. so I'm home here everyday. all day. i dont have any friends that i see. i dont have any close friends really. not since I've left school.

re: How can I live somewhere else?

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: How can I live somewhere else?

I know there are hotlines here, but I am too scared to ring them. i'm not good at talkin

Comment

re: How can I live somewhere else?

Hello again,

It may be a good idea to check and see if they have any online services or chat options.

Good luck,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X