Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning to run away. (currently 17 yrs old)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to run away. (currently 17 yrs old)

I feel like a burden to everyone in the family because i can't even pass high school. I super stressed and was hoping to make plan to run away, try to get on my two feet and get ged to fix my life without having to be a burden to my family. Everyone in my family is so successful that i just feel like I'm embarrassed everyone. If i was to run away, what should i do and how should i prepare to do it.

RE: Planning to run away. (currently 17 yrs old)

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us today. It sounds like there’s a lot going on and things are starting to overwhelm you.
    We’re sorry to hear about how school is going, that sounds really frustrating. Have you tried talking to a school counselor about how your grades are? There may be after school tutoring available or summer class for you to catch up and graduate on time if you’re interested and willing to put in the extra work.

It sounds like you’ve been comparing yourself to people in your family and are feeling really bad about it. Remember, your life is your own and it is just beginning. Making the effort to do your best is hard to do, but stay strong!

Running away might seem like a way to escape what is happening in your life, and it very well could be, but we want to make sure you’re safe in what you decide to do. It’s hard to discuss options without you being there to respond. If you’d like to call in or try our Live Chat, we’d love to talk to you.

All the best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X