Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

My mom provides for me because I'm only 15 and I don't have a job yet. I do of everything my mom asks of me but she is constantly yelling and saying I never do anything. We're always arguing and I just feel like a slave. I have to take care of my younger brother because she is always working. If I slip up one time I get yelled at. I know it doesn't seem that serious but emotionally it really hurts me. I try to explain how I feel to my mom but she takes it as disrespect and continues to yell at me. She has hit me before and I can't do anything because she is my mother.

RE: Please help me

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

We’re sorry to hear about all the things that are happening at home. It sounds like you’re really trying to help mom but don’t appreciate the way you’re treated in return. It sounds pretty overwhelming and it’s understandable that you’d be sick of it.
    You mentioned your mother hit you before. We’re really sorry to hear that. It sounds like it could be physical abuse. We wanted to let you know that abuse of any kind is NEVER ok and is NOT your fault. If you wanted to find out more about what abuse is and how to report it, you could visit www.childhelp.org. It’s completely up to you whether or not you’d report something like that or not, but we wanted you to know your rights just in case.

If you wanted to call in here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), we might be able to explore your situation a little further. If you wanted, we also offer a conference call service that might help you and mom reach some common ground. You’d have to call in to initiate this, but someone here would act as a mediator between yourself and your mother. We’d establish some ground rules and see if there isn’t something that the two of you could work on together. If that sounds like something you’d be interested in doing, please give us a call! We’re open 24/7 and all our calls are confidential.

We really hope that things settle down at home. If you ever need anything else from us, please reach out again.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X