Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want Out of My House

I little bit of backstory:

My step-dad has been in my life since I was around a year old. He's always been short-tempered and would always yell at me when I would do something wrong. He'd often get my mom involved and she would always take his side (even if it was something small and harmless) It was never a really big deal until about 8 months ago. He started getting really aggressive and physical after my mom had a surgery. He started hitting me and throwing me around when I would get an attitude or yell back at him (I would only yell back because the reasons he started yelling at me started getting stupider and stupider [ex. I said I hated a girl who bullied me in the past and even sexted my S/O at the time]) At one point, things got really bad and he took my charger after screaming at me for like 10 minutes. I tried to run after him and grab it back from him since my phone was about to die and I was trying to talk to my friend. He slapped me in the face and then beat me to the ground (my neck nearly snapped and was sore for almost a week and a half). I called the cops on him and sat on my floor sobbing until they got there. They were there for maybe 20-30 minutes and didnt really do anything except call my mom (she was out of town for work at the time) and tell him to stay away from me (he didnt). Fast forward about a month later, my grades are drastically slipping because Im stressed, anxious, and depressed with him around me. I'm having panic attacks all the time and Im really distant from everyone. My mom kicks him out and tries to sever contact with him. For about 6-7 months, I started to do better, I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and severe depression then put on meds to help me cope with it. My grades were still rough but I was trying my hardest to bring them up. It was hard though because I have a hard time focusing on things. But everything was better. My step-dad tried to contact me a few times but I blocked him. My mom had a new boyfriend who was nice and didnt scream about every little thing. My mom yelled at me sometimes, but the few times she did, i understood why. I started online school since my grades were still rough and I needed something that would be a little bit more manageable for me. I even got a new kitten who i love. But then my mom broke up with her boyfriend because they were on a break and he had sex with another woman. I didnt really mind at first. I didnt know him all that well. I liked him yeah, but it wasnt the end of the world. But then she started talking to my step-dad again, they got back on good terms and then my mom started talking to me about moving into a nicer house once he comes back since he was going to be making more money. I agreed (although I hated it with every inch of my body) because she seemed happy and I love seeing my mom happy. A few days later, he was back. We went out to eat and saw a movie (Pet Sematary isnt as good as the original, but its still good). I was fine with it for the first week or two, but then things started going back to normal. I was getting yelled at every day, I was never allowed to have anyone over if I asked (that's why I just let my friends come over whenever they wanted. I don't like being alone with him in my house anymore), my meds stopped working and I was having breakdowns and panic attacks all the time, he would talk down to me and treat me like I didnt know anything, he'd yell at me for my grades (which are a lot better than they were before), and just treating me like complete ********. He also misgenders my trans friends and completely direspects my black ones. Hes controlling and completely rude. Im tired of being in my house. I love my mom, and I love my pets, but if she's going to keep him around regardless of how many times Ive expressed that I want him to leave me alone and not be around me, then I can't stay. Sometimes I feel like Im the cause of this, but I know Im not. I just dont know what to do. I want to leave, but the only thing truly stopping me is my kitten. Please help

We want to thank you for reaching out to us! It sounds like you are dealing with something very stressful and we want to commend you for reaching out.

If you feel like you are not in a safe place, you can contact Child Help. This is a National Child Abuse Hotline, and can be reached at 1-800-422-4453, or childhelp.org. If you ever feel like you are in immediate danger, please contact 911 for emergency services.
    You mentioned that you want to leave home, if you are a minor in your state and you were to leave without your parent’s permission you would be considered a runaway. If your mom or step-dad were to file a runaway report, you would be taken back home by the police, as running away is considered a status offence.

You also stated that your medication has recently stopped working. If you would like to contact some mental health professionals, we have provided the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)’s contact information: 1-800-950-6264.

If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. Our number is 1-800-786-2929. We are here to listen.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X