•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hi.

Thank you for contacting us. We cannot imagine what home life feels like to you, but we are glad you have told us even this much. You are very strong and mature seeking help about your options and what is going on. From your post, it sounds like there is real tension at home between you and your mother and you are not receiving much, if any, support from her. You deserve to be where you feel supported and safe, and it sounds like your father wants to do his best to provide such an environment. Before I continue, you should be aware that we are NOT legal experts and should not be substituted for actual legal counsel. We encourage you to contact local counsel or police department for specific inquiries.

It sounds like you are very wise to keep some evidence of what your mother has been saying, particularly given the content, if it is anything like what you described in your message. If you do not feel safe at any given time, we encourage you to remove yourself from the situation. In regards to you father, depending on the type of custody, and the conditions surrounding it, your father has of you, getting you removed from your mother could be difficult. The recordings you have been keeping could help him make his case. You may also be able to utilize the counseling your mother is forcing you to attend to your benefit, by opening up about all that is going on and how it make you feel. Professional counseling may feel scary and unnecessary, but having some there to just listen could be very helpful. They could also prove helpful in your father’s case, if it comes to that.

No one can truly understand what you are going through at this moment, but we encourage you to stay strong and keep exploring your options. While we encourage all to reach out to us in whatever way they feel comfortable, we are able to be more in-tuned and offer more support and assistance if you contact us via our 24/7 toll free hotline (1.800.786.2929) or our online chat accessed through our website (www.1800runaway.org). We are here to listen, here to help.

Best of Luck

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic My mom verbally abuses me and won’t let me live with my dad

My mom verbally abuses me and won’t let me live with my dad

hi, I’m 15, going to be 16 in June. So my mom has been being pretty awful to me, saying she wish my dad would kill him self, that he’s a dead beat, he don’t care about me...and more. I have recordings of her, saying awful things about my father... she said I could live with my dad Sunday but then Monday morning blew up on me, just because I have not drove my car that’s a stick, she then went on to say awful things about my father and I got some of things she said recorded...just really confused and scared...my dad said he would fight for me after schools out...and now she’s calling me mental and forcing me into counseling....
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X