No announcement yet.

Running Away or Emancipation

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod9

    You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

    If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

    Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
    Take care,

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic Running Away or Emancipation

    Running Away or Emancipation

    I am 17 years old. I have been working since age 15 and have $5000 in my savings. I am part of NHS and have honors/high honoI live with my mother who is very abusive. She has hit me, tells me I am retarded, grabs me, kicks me out of the house when I cry, and threatens me constantly. I have recently felt like I have hit a breaking point with her.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp