Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away

My life has always been bad I've been homeless twice and the house me and my family is in now feels like a prison, we have been trying to leave for over 4 years. I can't stand being with my siblings and my mum's too much of a push over and my dad doesn't live with us. It feels like hell I'm suicidal and honesty can't live here anymore but I don't have anywhere to and I've looked online but there isn't much information on this. To add on to this I'm transgender so I don't know if the places will accept me.

Can you please help I don't know how long I can do this anymore.

It sounds like you are going through a lot, so we are glad you are reaching out to us because we are here to help. We know it can be difficult to ask for help, but contacting us is a good first step in figuring out your options.

In your message you mentioned that you are suicidal. Whenever you are feeling those emotions, we want you to know that you are not alone. There are people out there who are available to talk to you about your situations and feelings. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) has people on the line who will listen, attempt to understand your situation, and provide support. They are available 24/7 and are confidential. Our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 can also provide support 24/7. We too have people on the phone who can speak with you about your emotions and discuss some of the other things you mentioned in your message.

You also mentioned that you feel like your home is a prison and that you can’t stand being with your siblings. You also mentioned that you think that your mom is a pusher over. Have you talked to anyone about those feelings? Discussing your feelings with your mom or your dad about how you view your living arrangement might help them to understand where you are coming from. If you wanted help in talking to your parents, we offer a conference call service where we would talk with you and a parent while acting as a moderator to make sure everyone is heard. Our number (1-800-786-2929) is also useful for the conference call as well.

In your message you also mentioned that your are transgender and that you don’t know of places that may help you. We have a large database with a number of resources that are applicable to many people. If you wanted help finding resources, please call the number we mentioned or chat us on our website (1800runaway.org).

As we mentioned we are here to help, but we are also here to listen. If you wanted to discuss any of the options we brought up or wanted to brainstorm other options, our number is available 24/7.

Best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X