Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a 15 year old that receives little to no schooling and I'm scared for my future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a 15 year old that receives little to no schooling and I'm scared for my future

I'm a 15 year old male and I've never been to public school and my parents stopped actually trying to teach me anything about a year ago and have mostly left me to my own to try and learn for myself and I'm scared for my future as I was already behind in my schooling

The reason I don't get sent to public school is because my dad calls them places for demonic brain washing

And to continue on with more stuff I want to be trans male to female and my dad has said that if he found out I was a part of the lgbt community he would take away everything I have and lock me in my room and prevent me from leaving and it leads me to constantly be in my room crying and I was at a point where today I just didn't want to exist and just wanted to end it all but friends managed to calm me down and now I'm here I don't know what to do I try and keep strong and pull through but it's hard living

And my dad is the only problem my mom is a great mother but she is almost never home anymore because of work

Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It sounds frustrating to not be able to express your true self and to have your academic aspirations stifled. It's really admirable that you are so concerned with your quality of education; it shows a great deal of maturity and determination. If you'd like some assistance in assuring that you are getting a proper education you can go to https://www.responsiblehomeschooling...urrent-policy/ for a list of homeschool laws by state.

You stated that you are trans and that your dad is not supportive. It is perfectly okay to deviate from what others or the common population believe to be “normal”. Your bravery and resilience is so admirable. You are so strong for having gone through so much without having the acceptance that you do deserve for just being you. Remember that you are not alone. The LGBT National Hotline could be a resource that can be a source of great support. The hotline is run by those that are familiar with the issues and experiences of those that are also a part of the LGBTQ community. You can reach them by calling 1-8888-843-4564 or you can check out their website at gltbhotline.org. You can also contact the Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860 or translifeline.org.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X