Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to leave home

I cannot deal with my parents anymore. They are so overbearing, I literally cannot do anything because they will not let me go anywhere and hangout with anyone they don't like. I could leave but I am afraid that I will not be able to pay for anything and that I will end up broke and poor. Does anyone have experience with leaving at a young age with practically no money? If so how did you do it?

Re: Need to leave home

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in contact with us. It sounds like you’re really going through a tough time at home with your parents not giving you the freedom that you want. We’re glad that you reached out, we’re here to support you in any way that we can.

It sounds like you’re really thinking through things that you may need if you decide to leave home which is really smart. There are certainly a lot of things to think about, it’s a big decision to make. We’re not here to tell you what you should or should not do, we’re just here to help keep you safe in what you decide is best for your situation. There are a few more things that can be helpful to think through:

Do I have a place to stay?
    What about school? Would I continue to get an education?
    Am I going to be gone awhile or coming back in a few days?
    What would I do for money? Shelter? Food? Transportation?
    Who can I depend on if I leave home?
    Do I have a safe, solid plan?
    What is my plan b in case my first plan doesn’t work?
    What have I done to make things better at home?
    What can I do to make things better at home?
    Who have I reached out to make things better at home?

Please do call or chat if you would like to talk more about what’s been going on at home, and we can see if we can come up with options and a plan that works for you and your situation.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X