No announcement yet.

I'm 16 and want to leave

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm 16 and want to leave

    I grew up in not the best homes I'm what you call a hood rat I've gottw involved with a gang and I hate my life I can't even get a job I'm suck in the middle of know where and if I go back to my origin city I feel I'll get caught up in more criminal activity I think I have a reality disorder and anxiety disorder Along with depression no matter how much I beg my parent make excuses not to take me to get mentally screened and my mother is dead to me she basicly blamed me for us being homeless (staying at my class at the moment ) and she got me kicked out of my home that I planned on getting a job and starting A new life in as itits in a different town but i cant stand my living arrangements and being around these people my dad is nothing but an ass most of the time my parents are the reason I grew up the way I did and I want to be independent

  • #2
    Hello, thank you so much for reaching out to us and sharing about your situation. We are here for you and will do our best to be of support to you.
    What you are experiencing in your life is not your fault. You have been through so much hardship and have managed to survive in the face of all these challenges, external and internal. It takes great strength and honesty to ask for help, and we are grateful you having the courage to do so. Especially when your parents have not been supportive, it is totally understandable that you are feeling like you hate your life. No matter what you may have done or been involved with in the past, there is always a future for you.
    As you are currently homeless, and your parents have not agreed to support you in seeking mental healthcare, a possible option for you may be to file an abuse report with your state, or with the assistance of the national child abuse hotline, Child Help (1-800-422-4453). These reports are used to document both child abuse and neglect. Depending on your state and other factors, for example, homelessness may be considered a form of child neglect. We are not legal professionals and do not directly offer legal advice, but typically, abuse reports are screened and potentially investigated by local authorities. After gathering information and interviewing relevant people, they may choose to remove you from your current situation if deemed unsafe and unhealthy, with little or no prospect of improving quickly.
    If you know of any adult you could speak to who you fully trust, they may be able to help advocate for you. This could be a relative, a friend, or school personnel, to list a few examples. Having someone there who knows you and has your best interests at heart can be of great benefit, both practically and emotionally.
    Depending on the state you are located in, you may or may not be able to seek mental healthcare services without the consent of your parents. Of course, transportation and cost are other issues aside from consent that must be considered. If you are able to call us at any time, we can help locate some more information with you and discuss your options.
    Gang involvement can certainly be complex and difficult for anyone to manage. It is totally understandable to feel like the past dictates the future, but that need not be the case. We can certainly discuss your situation more in-depth over the phone should you be able to call us and help you sort through all the various issues you are facing.
    Once again, we thank you for reaching us and sharing about yourself. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you over the phone. You may reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We are available 24/7 and are here for you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp