Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help I have an hour and a half to run away and I don't know what to do.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help I have an hour and a half to run away and I don't know what to do.

I have given this deep thought. I have everything I need to last a while. but I need to find somewhere to go I think my friend can take me to her house for a little while. But I need advice. I have been abused at home before and i don't want it to happen again. My parents are religious and believe in hitting me as a way of correction but it got to the point of abuse. My mom verbally abuses me all the time calling me selfish and that i will never get anywhere in life. I try to be the best I can be but It is hard. Please help!

Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to listen and here to help. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. You do not deserved to be abused, that is unacceptable. You can make an abuse report by calling the Child Help Line at: 1800-422-4453. We know that sometimes making an abuse report can be scary if you would like our help, you can give us a call at any time. If you ever feel like you are in danger please call the police ASAP.
    We are not legal experts but we do have general knowledge of the laws. If you were to leave home without permission your parents do have the right to file a runaway report. If the police found you and they found it safe to go back home they most likely would bring you home. You mentioned your friend may let you stay with them, we hope that is a safe option. If you do decide to runaway we hope whatever you choose is a safe option. Some things to consider may be to think about where you would stay, your safety, and what you would do for food and water. Your safety is our top concern, so whatever you choose we hope it is a safe plan.
    We hope this information will help you with your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support to you. We wish you the best of luck, please stay strong!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X