X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod6
    replied

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that it seems like everything around you has been falling apart. With what you’ve been going through, between moving away from home, losing contact with your friends and family, and your mom’s toxic behavior surrounding both her relationships and her attitude towards you, it is understandable for you to feel desperate and feel the need to take desperate action. It is infuriating and painful for your mom to not only push you to self harm, but also invalidate your experiences and refuse to address them in a serious manner. You are a human being who deserves to be treated with respect and kindness.

In terms of what you are struggling with in terms of self harm and emotional difficulties, To Write Love On Her Arms is an organization that provides support to those who are going through experiences similar to yours. They have a website that you can take a look at at https://twloha.com/. Additionally, it might be worth it to give NAMI (the National Alliance on Mental Illness) a call to see if they have any suggestions as to how you might be able to seek emotional support or counseling in your area without your mother interfering with that process. They are reachable at 1-800-950-NAMI as well as nami.org. Also, while you may already be aware of it, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is always available at 1-800-273-8255 to talk to if you are feeling risky or dangerous.

You can also always contact us on our 24/7 confidential hotline at 1-800-786-2929 or on chat at 1800runaway.org if you want to talk in greater detail about what is going on at home or brainstorm options in terms of leaving or seeking help. We have a database of resources that include youth shelters around the country and we would be happy to share that information with you if you are interested in it. You are strong and resilient to have made it this far and we know that you have the strength to continue forward. Please take care of yourself and we will keep an ear out for your call.

Take care,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic i want to leave.

i want to leave.

im 17 and my mom has forced us to move to west virginia away from my home state georgia, away from all my friends and family and everyone i ever knew. i was already upset im now nine hours away from everyone, but now we're constantly arguing with each other (she does this everytime she gets a new boyfriend or husband, constantly treating me like garbage) and shes making "rules" for me and keeping me in the house, not allowing me to get a job or anything so that i wont be able to leave right when im 18. im flat broke and i dont have a car, have no connections and no one to help me even a little bit. lately ive been really thinking about just ending it all but ive tried really hard to resist and i feel like i cant keep resisting for much longer (i was suicidal years ago but i was finally managing to pull through it until i moved here, and now its happening all over again), shes constantly shaming me for harming myself saying i did it for attention or to be "cute" and it pisses me off because its not true but i cant talk back or im the awful child. she doesnt want to get me meds to help because she'll be ashamed if anyone found out her kid was diagnosed with any kind of mental illness. these kinds of things have been going on for years and i cant do it anymore i really can't, im so close to being 18 i just want to leave this hell already but i cant. please i need some kind of advice or help, this is my last resort before suicide, i have nothing and no one in my life to get me through.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X