How do i do this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i do this

Hi, i live in salem oregon and need to get to naperville illinois. ive made up my mind and have decided to runaway there. ive got about $300 and im 13. i know were im staying and everything i have a place. but i just dont know how to get there. Train, bus, i have friends that could drive me to a airport.
    but can i take a plane? ive never been on a plane. Do i need parents permission? or what? what do i have to do to take a plane there????
    or what else can i do to get there????
    thats all i want to know. nothing else.
    and i dont want to get caught.
    and im thinking about changeing my look so people wont reconize me.

Re: How do i do this

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard during your difficult time. It sounds like you may have a lot going on and we are glad you decided to reach out to us while trying to make your decision.

What makes you want to runaway? Have you talked about how you are feeling with your parents? How long have you been feeling this way? We know that trying to talk to your parents can be a difficult thing to do. You can always call us here and we can help you with that.

You also mentioned that you had somewhere to stay when you arrived in Illinois. How did you meet this person? How well do you feel that you know them? What are your plans going to be if it doesn’t work out with this person? It can be scary trying to go to a new place and not having a back up plan. If you do decide to runaway and need help finding shelter along the way, you can also call us here.

Legally, we can not assist you in your decision about running away. If you would like specific information about different policies, you would need to contact the agencies and ask them.

One other thing you mentioned was that you didn’t want to get caught. Do you think that your parents would call the police and file a runaway report? If they do, then the people who you are staying with in Illinois could also get into trouble for harboring a runaway. Also, if your parents do file a runaway report and the police do find you, they may take you back home. Again, if you would like to find out what will happen, you can call the local police departments for Salem and Naperville.

We strongly encourage you to call us here and discuss how you are feeling. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a 24/7 youth crisis line that is completely confidential and anonymous. We hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck,

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X