No announcement yet.

I need help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need help

    My parents are divorced, I have a younger brother and a older sister, I am 12 my sister was kicked out by mom and we found out my dad did stuff to her so we stop seeing him, my mom and her boyfriend fight a lot not physically just yelling and screaming, I can’t deal with it I started seeing my dad recently and I think I want to live with him till my mom figures out her life but I don’t wanna hurt my mom and don’t wanna leave behind my animals I have a leopard gecko and a western fence lizard, I don’t know what to do if I leave my mom would be happy I think, I just can’t deal with them fighting I am so done and I am at my breaking point a 12 year old shouldn’t have to deal with this and I can’t wait for stupid court it’s taking forever, and I know it’s selfish but I need to do what’s the best for me rn cause I don’t eanna stay home waiting for my mom to come home from work, please help me make this decision

  • #2
    Hey there,

    Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It sounds really frustrating and exhausting to have to be around your mom and her boyfriend since they are constantly fighting. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

    You mentioned that you are thinking of living with your dad but that he had previously done some inappropriate things in the past. It would be a good idea to keep this past behavior in mind when making your decision if you want to stay with him. We care a lot about your safety here at NRS, and if you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

    If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

    All the best,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp