Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice and help!

I'm a 15 year old girl. I love how blessed I am to have a family and to have a home but i cannot stand it anymore. My mom is so tough on me! My brothers are so lucky. She is nice to them. Everyday she is on me about my non-existent attitude or my grades. She tells that I am not going to graduate if I don't stop worrying about boys and sex. I am NOT sexually active nor do I worry about boys! She knows that I like someone but I do not worry/care about him unless I talk to him during class! She tells me that I am not doing things the right way when I do things HER way. I do the things she wants me to the way she wants me to but it's still wrong. I admit sometimes i get a little moody but only when she corrects me on something I didn't do/say. My grades could be better but they are pretty normal for a high school student. Meanwhile she praises my older brother for getting D's!?!?!?!? It hurts me! She constantly puts me down about the things she is praising my brothers for doing! Then she tells me to stay off my phone because i'm on it all day but if you are around her she is on her phone ALL the time! She tells me no phone/video games when it is time to eat a meal but my brothers play their games during meals and she doesn't care! Why is she such a hypocrite!? Please tell me what I can do to make things tolerable at home. It's not healthy for me to be here anymore. If i'm not considering running away because of these issues, im considering suicide! I already had depression because of childhood issues but she is making it worse!

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to NRS! You mention that you might be considering suicide. We take this very seriously and your safety is our first priority. You could reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-273-8255. They can talk to you about those feelings and maybe answer some questions you may have. Your life has value and you deserve to feel like you are supported. Another good mental health resource is The National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI). You can call them at 1800-950-NAMI or text NAMI to 741741.
    Your home life sounds like it is very frustrating. We have some options you could look into. We offer a service called conference call. It is essentially a three way call with your mom. A liner would be on the line to set ground rules, create a goal, and make sure the call is going smoothly. This could help bring the both of you together while someone helps make sure each person gets to talk. Our number is 1800-786-2929. We could also talk about whatever else you would like or even provide more resources from our data base. If you do not feel comfortable calling you could always live chat us found on our website at www.1800runaway.org.
    We’re here to listen, here to help.
    National Runaway Safeline
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X