Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My parents are forcing me to move out of the country.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a 14 year old kid. All was going well. I was the class clown and I was just hanging around trouble maker, nothing to serious except that it was affecting my grades and I kind of went out of my way to be class clown. I guess when you don't get attention at home that's what you do outside to get some sort of attention to make you feel that you belong somewhere. It didn't just happen. Its been since I can remember my dad always used to favor my younger brother. I didn't really think about it to much until I was old enough to start understanding this around 11 or 12 when I would find myself changing myself to look cool or be cool. My dad would always try to find things to say in me. Thankfully he used to be gone most of the time to work so I wouldn't need to be around him. But once he took a year of when I was 12 and I cant tell you how bad of a year that was. Anyways this whole being class clown kind of backfired I guess you could say. My parents both would work at the time so even one of them to come back the earliest was around 5-6 so I would be out and about hanging out with my friends and doing what not just having a good time, apparently having a good time was a bad thing which is now where I am today. How would they know I'm outside with my friends? Well we had a landline phone and my Dad KNEW what time I got home, if he called and I didn't pick up it was because I might be in the restroom and he would call half an hour later and still unresponsive so he would put 2 and 2 together. Whenever he would get home he would scold me for being outside getting FRESH AIR. My mom was super chill about it she wouldn't care as long as I'm around good people (which I was) and I'm home back before dark. My dad would be super strict on every single thing I would do. I guess its safe to say that's why I kind of started going my own way because I felt there was no hope whatever my dad said. He wanted me to be fit but also wouldn't let me go outside, sounds stupid and is. Anyways after this class clown got out of hand and hanging out with friends got to a limit. My parents started talking about going back to my home country. At first I didn't think much of it but one night my parents stayed up til 2 am talking about something. Guessing it was something important I just went to sleep. I get up the next day and have a good day as always. Then around 1PM my mom told me we would be going to my home country for some time. I already knew where this was going and started panicking. My ticket was booked from 2 weeks and a few days from that day and Me, mom and my brother would be going followed by my dad who would be coming 2 months after. I had a good 2 weeks and after that, my life changed. I went to the airport and my parents could tell by my words, actions, and expressions that I was NOT rocking with what was about to happen. The thing that scarred me emotionally was that they LIED, they said MULTIPLE times I would be returning in ONE MONTH, which was SUCH A LIE. Even when I landed at the airport I called my dad and asked him to please bring me back ASAP as the country was foreign to me. I grew up in USA and all I could remember about. I hated it America was so great and clean and this country was super filthy and dirty. I shorty realized where this was going. My dad started acting all like he did in USA but worse. I was later put into a school which I still continue to go in. Me and my brother still have arguments to this day and any time I bring up going back they just act like they dont care and they say that its me 'fault' and that I should have behaved to never have come here and that the only way to go back is to "change" and to "study". My dad beats me up very badly and scolds me. I had really big dreams but those are all dying out in all this pressure and anxiety, I'm 24/7 depressed and have SCARY thoughts of running away and other things I wouldn't like disclosing. I really just want my comfortable life back and agree to comply with all the rules but I just want to go back. I talk to my grandpa about this situation and he seems to understand but he always says to keep faith in God. But I don't think God is a very good thing to rely on because if God was all in my favor I never would have been here and the injustice that continues to happen with me. I'm just sad that if I do something to myself I will look down to myself thinking I gave up in all my dreams and plans for a retarted mother ********er who all he did was ******** talk on his son 24/7. I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE. If someone can guide me in what to do it would mean the WORLD to me I just want peace. That's all peace and a good life.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Hi. I am a 17 year old. My mom wants to send me back to Egypt with my father. He is very abusive and the reason why we can to the us. Next year I am gone be a senior and 18. I really don’t want to give up my eduction and go through my dad again. I lived with him for 9 years and he would beat me everyday. What can I do? I am so stressed out and I can’t focus on my work right now. I was really thinking about running away, but I am afraid of what’s gone happen.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear things are complicated and scary for you right now, and we hope to help to the best of our ability.

It is important you know that you do not deserve to be physically abused. We sincerely hope that you are not made to return to a home where you are in danger of abuse. You might consider enlisting people in your life to help you talk to your mother and express your concerns and needs. A school counselor, friends, or friends’ parents/guardians, as well as other family members can be helpful in this way. You might also consider using our Conference Call resource, through which we can call out to your parent with you and mediate a healthy discussion about what you need and want.

You mention that you want to run away to avoid all this. It is ultimately up to you to decide if this is the right decision for you, and we will provide you support in whatever way we can. Something to consider is that when a youth leaves home without parental consent before the age of 18, they can be considered a runaway and if reported to the police, they can be returned home. Therefore, it is easiest to get parental consent when deciding to leave, but we understand this is not always possible. You will want to think about where to go, how to get there, and what to do to survive once there. You may consider going to a friend’s house, going to another family member’s house, or going to a runaway shelter. We would love to discuss these options with you further, and provide you with runaway shelter resources if you are interested in that route.

We are always here to help. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY, or we can be reached via chat at 1800runaway.org. Stay safe and strong out there.

Sincerely,
      NRS

im falling behind in school, and i might fail this grade, but im doing the best i can and i think i can at least pass even with bad grades- my mom is forcing me to move to her home country at the end of this school year (im in 7th grade), im assuming without any parents, and she's threatened to not give me education and force me to work in fields etc etc. she wont listen when i try reasoning with her and i think she's going to actually do it

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

Hello, I am 17 years old and I live with my dad and stepmom. My dad is very strict and he found out that I have a boyfriend. Now him and my stepmom are forcing me to move to another country but I don't want to. Is there anyway I can get out of this situation. Maybe if my mom doesn't allow it? I feel so numb to everything and confused. I wanted to go to college here and start a life by myself. But he's ruining it all, him and my family are emotionally abusive. Sometimes he gets physical when it comes to things like my room is dirty or if I say something about my stepmom. I just don't know what to do, except end it all.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. We’re sorry you’re going through this situation; it sounds like it can be quite frustrating. Here is some information that may be helpful, 18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. However, in that case there may be services (family counseling, etc.) available to you as a youth in crisis/runaway but again, police procedures related to offering those services can be different based on your location or the details of your situation. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. One way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are regarding runaway youth.
      By all means, if you do fear for your safety either now or in the future, do not hesitate to take the necessary steps to regain your safety. This may mean calling the authorities or possibly reporting the things you may be experiencing. Other options to think about may be other family members, friends, or a trusted adults that would be able to provide you with support or a safe place to stay. It is great that you thinking ahead. Should you feel like leaving home is best, it may be a good idea to think about how you will provide necessities for yourself such as food, clothing, showers, healthcare and other basic needs. You may want to also consider how your parent’s will react to you leaving without permission.
      If you can give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach out through Live Chat we can try to find some youth shelters that may be near your city and state by utilizing our database of resources. We can also try to call out to shelters with you or on your behalf to advocate for you.

Stay Strong,
      NRS

Hey my parents are sendinge to my home contry bc she found out i use vape and my mom beat me up but i dont want to go over there they said they were going to take my id and my social so i cant come back what can i do can i run alway

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. We are very sorry to hear about what you are going through at home. Getting beaten up by your mom, for whatever reason, is awful and you don't deserve it.

Whether to run away or not is a complicated decision. If you reach out to our live chat through this website or call us at our hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) we can talk this over and help you discover what your options may be. We work best when we can talk together and so we truly hope to hear from you soon.
      You can reach us by phone or chat 24/7 and it is confidential communication.
      Sincerely,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X