Moving to another state with parents consent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to another state with parents consent

Im 14 and I live in a small neighborhood in Texas, my parents neglect my basic needs, dont work, dont clean, etc. There's a trusted family friend that lives near us who is 19, were extremely close friends and he used to live in Oregon with another extremely close friend, and he wants to move back. The friend in Oregpm lives in an apartment with an extra room I could stay in, they would both help with taking care of me and my education and such, and the social situation would be much better, they live in a city right next to a college campus, and Id like to go there at some point.

They know about the situation with my living condition and my parents, and they both want to help. Despite how much they dont care about anything, I still love my parents and I dont want to get them into any trouble with CPS,
    but i talked to my mom about moving to Oregon with them and shes fine with it, even encourages it because she wants me to have a better life.

So could I move to Oregon with my friends if my parents just give the okay? How does this work?

re: Moving to another state with parents consent

Hello,

From what you shared, it sounds like you have some questions about living with someone else with parent permission. We aren't legal experts, so we don't know for sure how that process works in each state. In most places, in order to have someone else legally take care of you, you would need that permission. It may need to be solidified in the court system or written permission from a judge. So it may not happen right away. The best way to know for sure what that process should look like is to contact a local legal aid office. Hopefully they can help answer some questions for you.

For further support, you are welcome to contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and we look forward to your call. Lastly, please note that we offer a live chat via our website at www.1800runaway.org every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X