Mom's new boyfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's new boyfriend

About a year ago, my parents split up and the divorce still isn't final. A few months after my dad left, my mom got a new boyfriend. He's really nice and I do like him, but he comes over to our house quite often and stays for a while. What's even worse, is that he's still married (not split up) and has a few kids. His wife (as far as I know) does not know about my mom and him but my mom does know he's married which also really bothers me. Tonight, I was upstairs in my room and I thoughy my mom needed me so I told her I'd be downstairs in a minute, and when I went down I found her and her boyfriend laying on her bed making out. I ran back to my room and my mom heard so she came up asking M what's wrong so I told her what I saw and she kept denying it. She kept trying to tell me that they were playing with my dog, but my dog was in the other room. Then she started to say "he was just stretching" but I saw their arms around each other and I could hear the noise. It's really bugging me and what's really upsetting is that she keeps denying it. What should I do?

Re: Mom's new boyfriend

Hi, Thanks for reaching out to us at NRS. It sounds like you're dealing with a very stressful situation. It can be really tough to deal with situations that make you uncomfortable, especially when it’s happening in your own home.
    It is understandable that this situation is bothering you. It seems like there are some things you’re uncertain about, such as whether or not his wife knows about his relationship with your mom. Have you tried talking to your mom about your concerns? Maybe she would be able to answer some of your questions. It also might make you feel better to have a talk with her about how what you saw happening tonight. It sounds like your mom might have been uncomfortable, and resisted talking to you about it right after that happened. Have you considered trying to talk to her tomorrow, after you’ve both had some time to think?
    Sometimes it’s helpful to plan a conversation ahead of time. You could ask your mom when would be a good time to talk. You could also try writing her a letter, if you don’t think she will be comfortable talking to you.
    It sounds like a tough situation, but it’s great that you are trying to communicate and handle it so maturely. If you want to talk, we’re here to listen 24/7. You can call us at 1800Runaway.
    Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X