Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to run away but I don't know where to go and I have no money. Where can I go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away but I don't know where to go and I have no money. Where can I go?

I'm 14 (almost 15) and my family are very disappointed with my behaviour and actions. I want to run away to escape to guilt and depression but I don't know where to go because I've broken so many bridges.

Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what's going on. It’s important to consider all the possibilities that can occur if you leave home. You will need to plan out how you will cover basic necessities like travel, food, clothing, etc. If you have a place to go in mind, it’s good to see what the expectations of the living arrangement will be like; rules, the amount of time you’re allowed to stay, if you’re expected to contribute financially, etc. This can all influence your decision to leave.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I’m not 15 but I’m 12. My parents want to send me to Austin TX to a huge mental hospital because of my mental issues. I’m on my dad’s phone so I can only text you guys. He is asleep. My parents blame me for their issues that they solve!! I’m struggling and I’ve been planning to run away for a while. Please help! I don’t know what to do!!

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7
        Super Moderator
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, it can be incredibly hard and frustrating when you aren’t getting along with your parents, so it was a great first step for you to reach out to us today. It’s definitely understandable that you wouldn’t want to be in that situation. With that in mind, there is a lot to consider when thinking about running away, like where you’ll go, how you’ll ensure that you have food and a place to sleep, and how you’ll stay safe if things did go wrong. We can’t tell you what to do, but we are definitely here to help. If you aren’t able to call us, but want to talk, you could ask to borrow a friend or relative’s phone, or try to find a local payphone. We’re available 24/7 at 1-800-Runaway (1-800-786-2929). If you can’t do that, you can definitely continue to email us with some more specific questions and we can do our best to try and help you come up with a plan for how you can stay safe no matter what you choose to do.

Thanks again for reaching out. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you ever would like to talk through your situation.

Best,

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X