RE: I'm 16 and I don't want to live here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: I'm 16 and I don't want to live here

It sounds like you are in a very tough situation. We are so glad you reached out to us and it is very brave of you to explain your situation with us and reach out for some help. It must hurt to not feel like you can rely on your parents and to feel blamed for your mom’s decisions. It is very understandable that you do not want to talk about your problems with anyone, which makes us all the more glad that you wrote to us. Sometimes, talking with people can help you feel better and help find other resources that may be available to you. We are here to listen but also to offer resources in any way we can and you want. We want to help you restore some hope.
    It is good to hear that your mom is calmer now. No one deserves to be abused, ever, however. So if you would like help reporting this abuse we can help you do so.
    Different cities and countries have different ages of majority, however it is usually at age 18 that you are considered a legal adult, meaning that at 16 your options as far as leaving home will vary depending on where you live. Calling your local non-emergency police department can help you to become familiar with your area’s laws, and therefore your options. You have a right to make a child abuse report if you wish. If you are considering making an abuse report, we can help answer any questions or concerns you have about the process.
    Again, though, we would be happy to help you with reporting any abuse or with discussing your options further. If you would like some further support you can always call us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) to talk through this situation more in depth. We also have a live chat available through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. Our services are confidential and anonymous and there is always someone available to listen and discuss safe options and resources in your area. Feel free to contact us anytime. Take care.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X