Had enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had enough

I hate home. I can't live here anymore. Everyday there's arguing,shouting,screaming, my family get so angry my parents even throw things.I get blamed for everything. I have no one.ive had plans for suicide and things before. My parents constantly have a go at me, it's like they hate me. I don't want to be at my home anymore I want to run away,my house doesn't feel like a "home". I dread having to come home to it, it's making me so unhappy I need to get away.

Re: Had enough

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things are really tough at home. It sounds like you are under a lot of stress. You don’t deserve to be blamed for things you aren’t responsible for or be the brunt of someone else’s anger. We’re glad that you decided to reach out to us to talk about some possible options.

Have you ever felt comfortable talking to anyone about what you’re going through at home? Perhaps there’s a relative, a school counselor, or someone else who can talk to your parents about how their actions are affecting you.

You mentioned that you have thought about suicide in the past. We know those feelings can be really overwhelming and you are very brave for reaching out for help with that. If you ever feel that way again and want someone who will listen, you can always call our hotline. In addition to us, you can also reach out to the National Suicide Hotline to speak with someone trained on suicide related issues. Their number is 1-800-273-8255. They are also available 24 hours.

There’s certainly a lot to think about when leaving home. Who you would stay with, how you would get there, how you would enroll in school, and how you would pay for things are just a few things to think about. We are happy to discuss with you some safe options specific to your situation if you decide to call or chat with us. We can also look up to see if there are any youth shelters in your area where you could potentially stay.

We hope this information is useful and we wish you the best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X