•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod0
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    My mom and dad has been living in this house for 3 years now and they won’t move out of the house for anything. there’s a hole in the roof and there’s also holes all around the house Where rats,spiders,roaches are coming through the hole I really need help They won’t listen to me and my dad gets mad at me for any little thing he once choked me and my mom never did anything about it.all she did was say “don’t do that to her”

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to listen and here to provide support. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and we are so glad that you decided to reach out to us.
    What you have described defiantly seems like a rough situation to be in, and we want you to know you are not alone. You do not deserve to be threatened and we are sorry you are dealing with that. Having cameras all over the inside of your home is an invasion of privacy and it is understandable you are upset.
    We know you mentioned feeling suicidal and depressed, and we want you to know that your life is valuable and you are worth living. There is always someone willing to listen and provide support. If you are feeling suicidal please reach out for help at The National Suicide Prevention Line: 1800-873-8255. You also may want to consider talking to a counselor even if it’s a school counselor about how you are feeling and what is going on at home.
    We know you mentioned wanting to live with your grandma, we are not legal experts but we do have some information. First of all, it is great that you have your grandmother there for support, having a support system can help. One option would be to talk with your grandma about living with her and she may be able to help figure out a plan. If you were to leave without permission it is possible you could be brought back home by the police.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    um hi I don't want to live with my mom/dad AT ALL I'm gay and my dad is homophobic and he told me if he sees me wearing makeup he will slap me he is also very controlling he took down my door and has cameras all around the inside of my house so he can see everything I do he also always will get mad at me for simple things and some times it does get physical my mom is not as bad but she is controlling too also this has made my mental health go really bad I'm depressed and suicidal because of them the only person I'm happy with is my grandma and I'm trying to live with her rn but idk how

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    Hello there –

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline on our public forum. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. Sounds like you’ve got a plan to leave, but you just have a few more question about it. It’s unfortunate to hear that you might not be getting along with your grandmother and is causing you to think about leaving to go into foster care.

You mentioned that you wanted CPS to come and take you to a specific group home or foster home, unfortunately it might not work like that. The decision of whether or not a child would be removed from their parents care falls on the shoulders of a CPS (Child Protective Services) case worker. Depending on the type of abuse, it would be harder to see and prove so it might come down to whether or not that child has any evidence so support their case. If they don’t think that the child is in an abusive situation, they might recommend some counseling services or general family mediation.

Only you know yourself when it’s time to leave home due to it being an unsafe situation and it’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us. If you want to talk more about what is going on at home and maybe some alternatives to run away, you can always reach out to us here on our 24-hour crisis hotline or online chat.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Guest replied
    I was thinking about telling my grandmother that i didnt want to live with her after my 15th birthday if cps come and take me can i recommend a foster home or group home for me to stay at.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary placement outside the home) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services like foster care).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. Or call 1-800-422-44523.
    NRS can also help you to file a child abuse report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    am i allowed to call cps on abused family member and can cps take to my friends house that acppet and let stay at herr house

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. NRS is a safe and confidential space for young people to receive support and resources. NRS does not have the authority or ability to come and get you or your brother, but if your safety is a concern you can contact child protective services. If you would like to learn more about this, you can speak with an advocate at an organization called Child Help, www.childhelp.org.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Our email and bulletin services are different in that we can only respond twice, so we are best able to help by phone (1-800-786-2929) or through live chat at 1800runaway.org. We can explore all of your possible options together and brainstorm a plan to help you feel safer.

We look forward to hearing from you soon,
    NRS

Guest replied
    can you come to me and my brother

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

It sounds like you're in a pretty frustrating living situation. If you called CPS they would have to start with an investigation as to what's going on and then they'd decide what the best course of action is, which could be possibly be taking you to be with your dad though there are no guarantees, especially since it sounds like he doesn't have any custody rights over you. But of course, if you are in an abuse or neglect situation making a report can be the first step toward getting into a better situation, whatever that may be. You can file through us or through www.childhelp.org, 1-800-422-4453.

We are pretty concerned when you talk about past suicide attempts. If you ever feel suicidal in the future please reach out for help. You can call us anytime or contact: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org (1-800-273-8255). Of course, if you are in immediate danger please dial 911.

Perhaps there are other options we can discuss that you haven't thought of already. If you call or chat with us we can brainstorm an action plan to see what positive steps you can take for yourself moving forward, perhaps including the possibility of living elsewhere. The best way we can help is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us via the chat feature on our website: www.1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon!

All the best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Out of curiosity if i called CPS and told them i did not want to be here anymore could they take me to my dads? i live with my mom, her boyfriend of 5 years and two other brothers. my older brother is very physical to my little brother he will pick him up by his shirt and through him across the room and my mom and her boyfriend do nothing about it besides telling him to stop. i have lived here for 3 years now and it was good in the start but now its just getting more and more angry around the house my moms boyfriend kicks her out once a month but they always end up getting back togetherr and im tired of it. im basically the maid of the house and noon respects me anyone will just swing my door open when im changing or doing something else. my dad hasnt been in my life and thats because of my moms boyfriend. ive tried to OD a bunch of times and just a few days ago i tried but everyone says its for attention but its really not im just at my breaking point and dont know what to do anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

Stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    hi thir im being abuse can cps take me the day i call

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hello I live in Amarillo Texas with me and my mom and my brother who is ten I do not want to live with as she abuses or tells us you like your dad and FYI my dad is in prison she says u will never be anything in life I tried to take my life in the past but I was never brave enough I want to live with my dad side of his family yes I still love my mom but I can't live with her right now every time she says something like that I keep getting depressed and more and we had cps investigate us sometimes but she forced us to say that we were fine with living with her as we hold a lot of money in my bank account from my dad but not allowed to open it until I am 18 so I think she only wants me there just for me so is there any way that cps can take me to my dad's side of his famil

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X