No announcement yet.

Can I just call and cps take me away?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, my name is .I feel like I am possibly being abused...the only thing is that where I'm from, the way I'm being abused is totally normal. I have been so so sooo scared to do anything like this. I searched up some stuff online, and all I got out of that was call the cops call the cops and I know that's what I have to do but I DON'T WANT TO! I know its just gonna start trouble. I don't want to see a therapist, I dont wanna call cops, I just want to leave and get a new place to be because I hate it here and I don't want anything that I have right now because all I have is a freaking sicko mom! She could be so nice to any kid on this living planet! But NOOOO never her own damn child! and have I done things that all dumb kids do? Yeah, I have, But I do not deserve one bit of this!!! >
    Please don't send people to my home or anything crazy like that...
    Last edited by ccsmod2; 01-13-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      We are proud of you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline for help. Please know that it’s not okay for anyone to abuse you – you deserve to be treated with love and respect. A resource that might help you is the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline, which is a 24-hour hotline with resources to help in every child abuse situation. All calls are confidential. You can call or text 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) for help. Or you can go to https://www.childhelp.org/childhelp-hotline/ and click on the live chat link. You also mentioned that you want to leave home. If you would like to live chat with us to talk more about your situation, we are available 24/7 via phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY or we can live chat via our website https://www.1800runaway.org/. You deserve to be treated well by your mom, and we are here to support you.

So I'm 14 I'm pretty sure my mom is physically abusive just not as heavily as u would see on the news she usually tries to light me on fire and she hits me all the time she even cut me once and I still have the scar on my arm from it my dad strangled me a couple his of times girlfriend stopped him she's gone now which I'm happy for her but things that really make me confused is that they by me everything I want and then are nice to me when I was younger my sister used to threaten to call cps on them because they hit us and theyd say it would be worse in our new home they'd rape and abuse us the only reason I'm even on this site is because a friend of mine who knows what's been going on told me to and said they've been manipulating me and my sister Honestly I just wanna know if I can make an anonymous report against my mom and if I did and we got taken away would our new family do what my parents said or would they actually be nice if I did report them what happens to me and my siblings do we get put up for adoption and if we do can we be adopted together I really don't want to be separated from them

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there. Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you did. We're sorry to hear that your parents have both been physically abusive--you don't deserve that kind of treatment.

While filing an abuse report with CPS is a big step, it's definitely a good idea if you and your siblings are in an unsafe environment. And we would absolutely consider the violence that you described unsafe. While we can't say for sure what would happen after an abuse report is filed, it's likely that an investigation would begin from there. This means that a CPS caseworker will learn more about what's going on by interviewing you and other members of the family. They'll want to know more about the abuse and what led up to it, and they'll probably want to see the scars and any other marks that your parents might've given you as well. They might ask a lot of questions, but their number one goal is to ensure that you are any other children in your home are safe. If the CPS worker were to determine that you and your siblings should be removed from the home, they will do everything they can to keep you and your siblings together. They'll also explore all options of where you might be able to stay, like with friends or family members. Being removed from your home and placed into the care of someone else does not mean that you will be raped or abused. If you ever yourself in an uncomfortable or unsafe position, please contact your local enforcement and your CPS caseworker.

If you have any additional questions about the abuse you're experiencing or what could happen once CPS is involved, you can contact Child Help, which is a child abuse hotline. Their phone number is 800-422-4453 and you can call or text. You can also chat with them through their website at www. Childhelp.org.

If you'd like to chat more about your specific situation or have some help filing an abuse report, you can reach out to us here at NRS. We're happy to learn more about what's going on and file a report with you, or on your behalf. You can reach us by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chatting with us on our website at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Best,

NRS

Can i run away from my parent they are abuse me everyday and hitting me with a belt and cook spoon and tree branches and that really hurt badly

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, it takes great courage to reach out and we are so glad that you have decided to reach out to us.
      You do not deserve to be abused in any type of way and we want you to know that you are not alone. You do have a right to make a report and there are a few ways you can make a report. One option to consider would be to talk with a school counselor or a teacher about what is going on at home. We know many schools are virtual but you would still be able to contact a school counselor and talk to them virtually. Another option would be to contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453 and they would be able to help with making a report. Lastly, you can always contact us and we would be able to help you with making a report.
      We know you mentioned wanting to run away, we are not legal experts but we do have some information on what would happen if you were to leave. If you were to leave it is possible your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they may bring you back home. If you were to mention the abuse they most likely would investigate it or get child protective services involved.
      We hope this helps you with your decision and your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to talk further about your situation, please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

Can i call cps on my step dad if he touches me sexually? He has done this for years, and he always hits my head when i dont obey him, he yells at me calling me lazy, ungrateful, worthless, and many other names when i don't pick up his messes. He treats me like a maid, he emotionally abuses me, my step dad and mom say i cant say what i want, i cant even say no to something without him calling me ungrateful, he took my door because he said i had an attitude and him and my mom only take me to the doctor when they get paid to, i am depressed, i have ptsd and i need therapy but they wont get me help, my mom knows i cut but she ignored it, they are only happy when they get what they want and they always make me feel guilty, I've thought of leaving but i have no car or money and im almost 17 yet they refuse to let me get a job. What can i do? I am scared here and i feel like my step dad can beat me like he used to do when i was younger, im scared that if him and i are left alone that he can do something worse then just sexually touching me, he has went as far as denying a hug saying he wants me to offer my body

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there, and thanks for contacting NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. It sounds like things at home have been challenging for you, but also incredibly unsafe. We're so sorry to hear what you've been experiencing. To answer your question--YES. You can absolutely call CPS on your stepdad because he has been touching you sexually. His behavior is not okay and it sounds like it's having a pretty significant impact on your wellbeing, so if you're in a space where you're ready to tell someone what's going on, calling CPS is a great starting point.

You can find your local CPS agency by googling the state you live in and adding "CPS agency". From there, their website will point you in the direction of how to file a report. Based on what you've described above, it will likely prompt you to make an actual phone call (as opposed to filing online), so that if your report is accepted, a worker can be assigned to your case right away. If you have any additional questions about what that process looks like or you feel as though you could use a little more support in making that call, please feel free to reach out to us here at NRS. We can talk in more detail about what's going on, and we can also help prepare you for filing a report. If you'd like, we can also file a report with you or for you.

You can reach us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chatting with us live through our website at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS

um hi, i was wondering if i could call cps and be taken away from my mom. Would she be able to get me back even if i dont want to go back. My mom is emotionaly/verbally abusive. She puts me down constantly, tells me im retarted or stupid, tells me she was so much better than me at her age, calls me lazy, tells me im a disapointmeant, takes her anger out on me, threatens to kick me out, ect

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your mom.  Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise.  Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation.  That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share.  Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead.  The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support. You can contact us directly by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY or through live chat at 1800runaway.org.

Be safe,
      NRS

I live in a strict christian family who are mentally, and physically abusive. They've pinned me up against walls, hit, smacked, and insulted me on many occasions. I'm afraid to tell cps due to them investigating and my parents finding out and having them beat and neglect me worse. They've taken away everything I use to contact either my friends or my girlfriend who they hate so I can't call for help. Pls help me I don't know what I need to do...

Comment

• ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline! It sounds like you are in a very tough situation, and it’s very brave of you to reach out for help. Hopefully we can help in any way that we can. It can be frustrating not know what your next steps are going to be.

From reading through your post it sounds like you are in a very abusive home environment. No one deserves to be treated like that at all. Just so you know that you always have the right to protect yourself that abuse by reaching out to your local child protective service agency. Unfortunately, when reporting to CPS there will have to be some type of investigating in order to deem it unsafe for you to continue being there. From what you have said, it doesn't like that is something that you want to do or go down that specific path. I can be hard to think about what would happen or how your parents would react to something like that.

It sounds like you might some specific questions that you want to ask us or maybe find a place to vent about what you are feeling right now. It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us. We don’t ask for any identifying information, unless you want to report any abuse. We can even talk to you about other ways that you might be able to cope with being at home or legally leave home.

Take care!

i am in a foster home because i been abused from my parents but now we are doing visits and starting family therapy soon. Me nd my parents are really close now. But they said sorry for abusing me nd now we are close nd everything. How long do u think its gon take until i can go back home. i been in here for 4 months

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, and thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have been through a lot, and that you are happy that you are feeling closer to your parents right now. We are also happy to hear that; reconciling and working things out with our family can be such a relief.

Four months probably feels like a very long time to be apart, especially if things have recently improved. It is important to remember that your safety is the most important thing. Although relationships can improve and people can change, there are a lot of reasons why the reunification process can take longer than we would like. Sometimes this is because your parents need to change their behavior and learn replacement behaviors. Although this sounds easy enough, it can actually be quite difficult. Being apologetic and realizing what they did wrong is an important step, but there are many other things that need to happen before you will be safe living with them again.

Your specific situation is unique, depending on the type and extent of abuse, as well as other factors (such as drug use in the home, etc.). The most accurate information on how long you will need to stay should be answered by your CPS social worker. Of course, sometimes it’s hard to get information for various reasons, and you are welcome to reach out to us with any other questions you have. Another place to look would be at www.ChildHelp.org, and they also have a chat service if you are interested.

Thank you again for reaching out, and we wish you the very best of luck.

um im 12 years old and i recently did get in trouble for sneaking out but my mom slapped me and spanked me with the belt 5 times and also my dad spanked me and it left like a mark or a scratch i just dont want to live here anymore they always get mad for everything. my mom isnt my mom she's my legal gaurdian and i dont feel happy living here

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there. Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. It sounds like things at home have been pretty tough for you, and we're sorry to hear that. You don't deserve to be treated that way.

Because you mentioned that both of your parents recently physically hurt you, it might help to consider reaching out to Child Protective Services (CPS) to file an abuse report. Their job is to ensure that you're safe in your home, and if you're not, to decide what steps should be taken in order to make sure that you are. If this is something that you're interested in doing, you can file a report on your own, by contacting us here at NRS for support, or by telling a safe person of the abuse (like a teacher, school counselor, therapist, etc.). Each person that I've listed is considered a Mandated Reporter and has a legal and ethical obligation to contact CPS when there are any suspicions or indications of abuse. We understand that this can be a scary and overwhelming process, but want you to know that your safety is critical. These are folks who will prioritize that. If you have any questions about filing a report, what it entails, or would like to learn more about child abuse in general, Childhelp is another great resource to utilize. They're a child abuse hotline and you can reach out to them by texting or calling 1-800-422-4453, or by chatting with them live at www.childhelp.org.

If you'd like to chat in more detail about your situation, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY, or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS

Hello, my mom and dad are both Christian and they are somewhat nice, but they scare me. I've grown up with a lot of anxiety and mental problems. I wish I could live with my cousins. My mom makes fun of my hair, and my dad is intidmitating to me. Please help. All of the counselors believe my parents are awesome. They are ok, but people don't believe me because my parents always find a way to make their side of the story win. My mom has been through a lot emotionally and I live in a somewhat safe home, but I don't feel safe. There is no privacy. Please help me. If they find out I sent this message they will be really mad. I don't know whether to call dcfs or not. I am a minor, 15 years old. I'm not allowed to have my own phone, or privacy. A lot of times, when I am using the bathroom, they open the door because there is no bathroom door lock. They try to take away my products and hide them. They say my products are controlling my life, which is not true. I'm a very kind girl, and I have ocd. I really try to be nice. They also shame me and creep me out by trying to have hour talks about everything I've done wrong! Whenever I go to my friends house, I cry when it's time to leave, because everyone thinks my parents are fine, but when we come home, they are not fine. I'm scared my dad will hit me. Please help!! I have done things that aren't respectful, but they don't have to be mean. I am sooo scared PLEASE HELP ME!! I've had suicidal thoughts before, and I'm very depressed. I want to leave my home, but I know it wouldn't be safe to run away. Some please help I need help!!!

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It takes a lot of courage to have done so and we hear you and believe you. It sounds like your parents are very controlling and critical over small things. you don't deserve to be treated this way, at all.
      It's understandable to want to live somewhere else, but that is a really hard thing to do without parental consent. We do hope that you will reach out to us so that we can talk about what you are going through and help you find ways to feel stronger inside. You deserve that. you deserve your life, and to be your own self. We want to help you find ways to survive this.
      You can chat us 24/7 through this website, or call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) We are always here to listen and help.
      We truly hope to hear from you soon.
      Sincerely,
      NRS

I don’t know what to do my parents are toxic and it’s causing me to want to kill my self again but ever time we had CPS they made the house look nice and denied everything i just wanna be happy....I’m 14 and having mental break downs everyday I’m getting to the point i wanna smoke and drink i came out to them as transgender and they said they will never use my pronouns and that i will always be a girl and they won’t use the name I want i get overwhelmed really easy and they know that and i have medication for my depression and I’m still wanting to die my brother abused me when i was younger and their excuse was because he has anger issues they fat shame me a lot i have a eating disorder now and when ever i tell them how I’m feeling they just say “you’re life is easy compared to my childhood” they don’t understand that everyone feels pain differently and i know by the time i am 18 if i am still here i will no longer be the nice caring person my friends know i know 4 years is not worth this i wanna get out I can’t do this anymore i put up with them for way to long to please tell me if i can get taken away from them and be happy with a family that loves me and will allow me to take my hamster because I don’t wanna leave and not be able to take him with me I’m planning on calling cps in a week because that’s when I finish school i just wanna leave....please tell me is you can help me!!!!

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. You made a great first step to finding the help that you may need. It sounds like you are going through a lot and the people around you are not being supportive. You deserve to be treated with respect, to experience acceptance and to feel safe.

We want you to know that you are strong for having gone through so much already. It is perfectly okay to deviate from what others or the common population believe to be “normal”. You’re bravery and resilience is so admirable. You are so strong for having gone through so much without having the acceptance that you do deserve for just being you. Remember that you are not alone. If you ever want to talk more about what you are experiencing or get additional support we are here 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY or our live chat service. The GLBT National Hotline at 1888-843-4564 is another option to gain great support from those that are familiar with the issues and experiences of those that are also a part of the LGBTQ community. You can access their website link bellow to utilize all the other possibly useful resources they have to offer: http://www.glbthotline.org/

You mentioned that you were considering the options that may be best for you. By all means, if you do fear for your safety either now or in the future, do not hesitate to take the necessary steps to regain your safety. This may mean calling the authorities or possibly reporting the things you may be experiencing. Other options to think about may be other family members, friends, or a trusted adults that would be able to provide you with support or a safe place to stay. It is great that you thinking ahead. Should you feel like leaving home is best, it may be a good idea to think about how you will provide necessities for yourself such as food, clothing, showers, healthcare and other basic needs. You may want to also consider how your parent’s will react to you leaving without permission. We are not legal experts here, but typically as a minor (under the age of 1 you need permission from your parents to leave home. It is not illegal to runaway, but it would mean that your parents could file a runaway report with the police. This is usually done in an effort to try to return you home as the police are required to do so.

If you can give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach out through Live Chat we can try to find some youth shelters that may be near your city and state by utilizing our database of resources. We can also try to call out to shelters with you or on your behalf to advocate for you.

Stay Strong,
      NRS

Hi I'm am sorry what you are going through I'm really sorry

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
      Thank you,
      NRS

Hello. I'm 16 and I am panicking alone in my room right now. My family isn't physically abusive they're neglectful and emotionally abusive. I don't have my license because my family won't even take me out driving and I thought about running away to my boyfriends house but it feels too obvious. I'm probably too old to get help and I'm probably being dramatic but I remember when my older sibling used to have anger problems and would threaten me, sometimes with a knife. Today she has accused me of being worthlessly lazy and she called her friend and spread a bunch of lies about me. I've tried talking to my parents about her acting this way before and they either don't listen, laugh, or don't believe me. They'll just tell me to get over it or grow up. I've tried talking to my teachers even and they just feel like they aren't helping, I feel like im completely alone. Whenever I tell people my age they think I just want attention, I don't talk that way for attention it is a cry for help! It's like nobody is there for me, even when I used to cut my family would just laugh and my mom would tell everyone that works for her. I'm tired of being the center of the conversation because everyone talks about me like I'm some kind of character instead of an actual being and I wished my life could be turned around or that I wasn't here anymore at all. I'm running out of places to think of that are safe and I luckily found you. Is it possible you can help me?

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with your family and sister. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. Another resource you might find helpful is To Write Love on Her Arms. They specialize in mental health awareness and self-harm. You can reach them at twloha.com.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

Well me and my grandmother got in a fight (not physically) but she always puts me down and makes me feel like I'm a nobody and after that fight she had told me she wants me out and I'm only 11 about to turn 12 and I dont have anywhere else to leave and I been wanted to run away from here but I dont wanna be dramatic and call them if my situation isnt serious to call them.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline we are really sorry to hear about what is going on with you and your grandmother. It seems as though your grandma has been really mean to you and wants to kick you out. Please know that if you are fearing being kicked out we can try and do our best to help get you the resources you would need. It might be a good idea to see if you are able to chat in with us or call as well (www.1800runaway.org or 800-786-2929) We can try to find shelters or transitional living programs that help youth on their feet. We can also help report any abuse that might be happening at home. That way a caseworker can be notified and can come assess your situation. You mentioned wanting to run away as well. Some information that might be good to keep in mind is that if you are younger than 18 typically you cannot leave home without your guardian's permission. So if you were to leave your grandma can call the police and file a runaway report with them. From there they would look for you and if they find you bring you back home.

Hi…. I really want to get out of the environment I’m in. My mom is physically (hits me and my sister with anything and everything, I have pics of when she left marks) psychologically (she threatens to hurt me and kill me or my sister, I have text messages of begging my dad to help after she’s threatened us) and verbally/emotionally (she swears at me and sister and degrades both of us until we feel like nothing, I’m working on getting audio of her yelling). I’m 14 my sister is 12. We both have tried telling cps in the past but they closed the case (it was abt 2 years ago) since then my mom always brings it up and threatens us, I thought I could manage until I’m 18 so I can legally leave… however I can’t do this anymore. Every day I want to kill myself and I’m in an equal amount of danger of myself as well as my mom. If there’s anything I can do please help since I desperately want to leave… also could someone let me know if my evidence is enough… I only want to do smtg if their is a certain chance I’ll get removed. Thanks..
    I use my phone and internet and books and talking to friends as A coping method, but my dad doesn’t let me use them much anymore and my parents monitor everything I do. They want me to always study and if I’m not their monitoring everything so I can’t rly cope… which is why I want to kill myslef.. hope someone can help me

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      Be safe,
      NRS
      Last edited by ccsmod15; 07-22-2021, 12:02 AM.

I’m 17 years old and I’ve been raising my little brothers since I was 12. My mom has never been a parent to any of us and she’s very manipulative and has caused me and my brothers so much emotional abuse. I’ve been suicidal for the past 4 years begging for help and she won’t do anything. I’m so mentally screwed up I can’t take care of myself and I can no longer parent my brothers. They need to be with their dad or sister someone who can take care of them properly. I don’t wanna say she’s abusive but theirs been several times she’s physically hurt me. I home school my brothers and it’s been hard to keep up with because of everything going on in my life and they are so far behind the state has been contacting us and she’s gonna get in trouble. My brothers and I no longer want to be here in this house hold and we have family members willing to take us in. My mother also will not allow me to get a job and I have to take my brothers everywhere bc she doesn’t want to watch them nor take care of them. She’s very bad on drinking and is hardly ever sober. She says the most hurtful things to us. Would their be anyway cps can work with me on this?

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way, nor should you be expected to parent your siblings; especially for how long you have done so. It may require some lengthy questioning but CPS should be able to help you, they will likely try to explore options such as other family members as guardians if they are willing and able.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. This agency can really help in advocating for you.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

Be safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X