Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I am 14. I really want to leave my step dad´s house. My mom has tried to bring me back to his house a lot of times, and now she has. I don´t like his house. In the past, he has called me the b word, told me to shut the f up, a mf, has slapped me once, he said I looked like a slut one time, and has said twice that he would me again. He said he slapped me because I snapped at him. Two days after he slapped me, I moved in with my grandma because my mom let me, and she knew that I did not want to be there any longer. Because I moved in with my grandma, my step dad kicked my mom out because I was not at his house. Me and my mom were gone since, i think, the beginning of May this year. Then, in August, she told me that she wanted to move back in with him because she has 6 kids, not 5, meaning that she wants all of her kids with her instead of just going to see them everyday. We had an apartment after about 3 weeks of staying at my grandmas house, which is what she got when he kicked her out. That was where I was because my mom would go to his house, and stay there at his house because she wanted to go back, but knowing that I hated it over there, she left me at the apartment, which was great for me. I am very responsible, and know how to take care of myself very well, but one day she told me that she wanted to have all of her 6 kids with her when she went back to his house. Recently, I was at my grandmas house and she tried to drag me into the car just to take me to his house. I kept telling her that my grandma is not my mom and that she wont be the one raising me. My grandma loves me being at her house, and has no problem with me being there. She knows how responsible I am, and that I can take care of myself while she is at work. My mom signed the lease off the apartment about 3 weeks ago because of her wanting to come back. She knows that I am perfectly fine at my grandmas. Every time she has brought me back to my step dads house, I have cried because I know that I don´t belong there. My 5 siblings don´t mind being there because that´s their dad and they like him, and they don´t feel the same way i do because that is their dad. Two years ago, I thought about killing myself twice because all of this would be over. This is not a healthy environment for me.I have told my mom that she should just get a place for me, her, and my siblings, but she just ignored me. I have cried countless times because I know that being over my step dads house has messed me up in so many ways. There is always yelling here at my step dads house. Ever since my mom has come back to him, she keeps telling me to shut up, and when I ask her why she is forcing me back into this, she just ignores me. My mom wants me to be with her, but it is not a good placed for me. The best place for me is my grandmas house. My grandma is capable of taking care of me, but does not have to do much. My grandma hates the fact that my mom brought me back to my step dads. He keeps saying that I can not go with my grandparents for a while, and they are not allowed to get me at all. I feel like I have depression as much as I went through. I also feel incredibly sad. All I feel like is that my mom cares about her own feelings. She only wants to keep me with her just to have her 6 kids with her. I want cps to take me to my grandmas house. I am so tired of dealing with this yelling and cussing! It has given me so many headaches, it is not okay. My whole family is concerned about me because they know the situation. They want me to stay at my grandmas too. They know it is better for me, but my mom wont let me. I feel like I can barely even talk to my mom anymore. All she does is cut me off. My grandma is someone who listens to me, and also cares what I have to say. My grandma is someone who I can talk to. My step dads house is not a place I should be, especially when I started having suicidal thoughts. The worst thing I did was put a knife to my chest 1-2 years ago saying I don´t want to be at his house, but I put it down, and walked away. I don´t want there to be another chance that I have these thoughts anymore and my grandmas house is best for me. My step dad hates dealing with cps because of something that happened before, which idk about, so I wouldn´t want them to come to the doorstep, just in case he got angry. Please help. I really need to get out of here. I know this is not safe.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a tough situation at home, and we commend you on contacting us for help.
    It is important you know, first of all, that no one deserves to be mentally abused. You should feel supported and loved in your home. We are so sorry to hear you are going through this. To your question, generally CPS will carry out an investigation after an abuse report is made and approved. CPS will not take you out of your home without identifiable evidence of abuse. Sometimes with mental abuse, the evidence can be trickier, as the harm this leaves is not physical in identifiable ways. If you are interested in talking more about how to report an abuse and what this may mean for you, we encourage you to reach out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453. They may be able to help you understand if this process is right for you. We can also talk through this and other options with you, and as mandated reporters, can report an abuse with you over the phone.
    We hope this was helpful for you. We encourage you to reach out if you need more information or just need to talk. Our phone number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and our website is 1800runaway.org—you can click CHAT there to instant message with us.
    Stay safe and strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I was wondering if cps shows up and you tell them you don’t feel safe in the house you are living in can they take you away but I do not want my family to know the reason they are mentally abusive

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. It sounds like home has not been safe for you and you want to live with your dad rather than your mom. It is not okay for your mom to make you feel uncomfortable or unwanted at home. You have a right to be safe and you deserve to feel supported.

We do not have the authority to say for sure if you can leave home or not, but we can talk through possible options and scenarios. From what you shared, it sounds like you live with your mom full-time and your dad lives separately. A helpful start could be to reach out to your dad for help with this situation. This way he can communicate with your mom about your needs and talk to her about you living with him.

You shared a couple of things that make us concerned for your safety and that could be considered abuse. You can make a report to child protective services and tell them about any abusive behaviors that happen at home, that your mom drinks around you, and that you feel uncomfortable with the men your mom is bringing into the home. Making a report is a way to get help with this situation and one possible outcome could be that you live with your dad or another family member. This can be a scary decision to make and you are not alone. You can speak with an advocate at the National Child Abuse Hotline to learn more about the reporting process and to receive help with making a report, www.childhelp.org.

Thank you again for sharing your situation with us. We understand it takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and we truly want to be a support for you. If you would like to talk more about this and explore your possible options, please do not hesitate to reach out again. We are available 24/7 by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat services at 1800runaway.org.

Stay strong!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Can I go plz I wanna live with dad my mom is drinking and is abusive and she bring boy to our house plz CPS

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Thank you for contacting us here at NRS
    From what you have told us it seems like CPS did not do anything. A good idea to help is perhaps gather as much evidence as you can to call CPS again. The more evidence you present the better your case always. Another good thing to pursue is recruit adults who can help advocate for you. Usually with more adults they can genuinley help with reporting dn keeping you safe. If you feel wish to speak to speak to someone you can reach out to CHILD HELP Hotline: (800) 422-4453 . They are an organization that helps youth report and give advice in times like these. Also please always know you can reach out to us here at NRS through chat or on the phone.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Cps said my mother is still fit to be my parent, even though I have scratches and bruises that have been examined by the police and a hospital, and I feel like I've been failed...what do I do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way.

If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We aren’t experts on the issue and we can’t say for certain, but generally once it's been reported, social services will decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) to high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

You are not alone in this. We’re here to listen, and we’re here to help in any way we can. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are ever at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If you feel unsafe, you may also wish to visit The National Safeplace website (www.nationalsafeplace.org). You can look up your city and state to see if there are any safe places near you.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi, Can cps just take me away? I have a bad flinching reflex as I am emotionally and physically abused.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It sounds like your stepmom has been crossing the line and that is not OK. You deserve to feel respected, safe and loved at home.

You mentioned some things about your stepmom hitting you that raise concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

It may be beneficial to speak with your mom directly about your desire to live with her. Sometimes custody transfers will need to go through the family court system and it may be beneficial to speak with a legal advocate. If you need help locating a legal aid group near you you can check out https://www.lawhelp.org/find-help/.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    can cps take me to my moms house because i live with my dad and my stepmom is ruining my life and hits me and is making everyone hate me and i just want to get taken to my mom because she loves me and is just better to be with

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Last edited by ccsmod0; 04-09-2020, 01:16 AM.

Guest replied
    My parents both have anger issues and threaten to hit me for no reason. Earlier I was crying and I left the bathroom frustrated so my dad got in my face, pushed me and poked me in the eye saying he’s gonna “knock me the ******** out one day to stop my attitude”, when I really was just standing there taking his lecture. To top it off I was already crying out of frustration of a fight with somebody else. My mom says she’s gonna be in jail for killing me one day. All my dad does is get in my face all the time. I’m sick of it and I wanna leave, I’m on my last notch I swear to god. I just wanna leave I’m frustrated and fed up.
    Last edited by ccsmod0; 04-09-2020, 01:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern, which it sounds like your siblings and yourself are being harmed. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    My mom is very neglectful. She threatens to leave us sometimes and whenever we are hungry she just ignores us. I will ask her for food and she then changes the story and talks about how we always ask her for everything and nobody loves her. She calls us insensitive and says bad things about us to the family like how we are so rude and we go through her things. We are not rude. She thinks me saying I don’t want to do her laundry is rude. So if I ask her if we can go get a notebook for school she will ignore me or yell at me bc I’m asking her to do something for me when I didn’t do something for her yesterday. We go through her things because she hides everything.... my mail, clothes, steals MY money, and she’ll go in my room and take things and throw them away. Whenever I feel pain or I feel like I have a disease(which turns out I did) she says I’m overreacting and no one every cares about her when she’s hurt. Other times I’ll be brushing my teeth my mom and she’ll just walk in and say things like “oh u think ur pretty” or “wow look at u such a model” and “stop staring at yourself” when I’m brushing my damn teeth. The other day she got mad because I was looking at myself in the mirror (that day I dressed up and I felt proud) and she kept making side comments like “do u have to let the whole world know ur pretty” and “stop staring at yourself go get ready for school”. She gets mad and overreacts when we ask her to buy basic stuff for us like socks underwear, bras, food, even pads and tampons. She likes to think that she’s so important so she buys 400$ sunglasses and 1000$ jewelry and expend clothes when she can barely afford anything. She works at a senior home for gods sake. Just asking her for anything is a big problem. I don’t even want to get started on my dad bc he’s something else. I want to get out of here so bad but I’m 15. I don’t have a job or anything. I feel bad for my lil brother bc he feels like no one loves him when my siblings and I do. Our parents don’t and my dad physically hits him and when they get into fights my dad has pushed his head on the counter top and on the fireplace. My mom just turns her back when this happens and I usually have to break it up. And my father doesn’t even think he’s in the wrong. My family is ********ed up and I feel like if i called cps they would call my other family members and they are even worse to a point where I would actually ********** kill myself If I lived there for 5 months+
    They are all bad and I KNOW they have some type of narcissistic disorder. If you r pretty they call u a whore and if u are ugly they call u retarded. If u are fat they say u should lose weight and u are worthless and if ur skinny they make fun of u. I’ve had bullies before but they were nvr as cruel as the adults in my family. The only thing I’m grateful is that my mom is not physically abusive like she was(now she’s just VERY neglectful). I could nvr forget the day she pulled my sister into the closet and beat the **** outta her bc she couldn’t finish her food. Or the day she threw her car keys at my eye bc I wasn’t listening to her and I ended up with a black eye. She kept me out of school for a while until it could heal. When I was younger, Cps came to my elementary school and she was scared ********less and after I got a beating bc I “said things that’s shouldn’t have been said”. Me at the time didn’t even know what she was doing was wrong, I thought it was Normal. Then once she got in a fight with my sister and almost killed her and my sister called the police. U could tell she was scared and I know that if we told the policeman what she does, she would instantly go to jail. I wanna call cps again but I don’t want to be put into foster care or moved to my relatives cause they are all abusive. I wanna live with my siblings in an apartment bc i know we can take care of ourselves. All we need is money and a source of transportation. I just need help I don’t know what to do
    Last edited by ccsmod0; 03-18-2020, 05:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X