• Show
Clear All

I wanna leave my house bcuz I'm mentally physically and emotionally abused

Comment

• ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there -

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. From your post it sounds like you have a question that a lot of our contacts have. We are sorry that you are going through at abuse at home. No one deserves to be treated that way at all. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect/abandonment) to child protective service in your state. You have rights too. One hotline that might be able to guide you through the process or reporting and answering any questions that you have is “Child Help (National Child Abuse Hotline)” (800.422.4453).

Only you know when you need to leave due to your home being unsafe. Unfortunately no one but you can make that decision for you, not even here. One thing that may be helpful for you is to possibly note when the fighting/yelling is happening or any triggers of the fighting/yelling (some examples would be like after your abuser comes from work or after dinner and/or right when you get home) and to try to find things that can keep yourself away from home during those times (after school programs, sports program, study group at a friend’s house, getting involved in your volunteering, etc). That way you are able to stay safe while you figure out what your next step might be.

It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us. We might also be able to look in our database to see if there were any youth shelters or safe places that you might be able to go to if you need some local support.

Best of luck and we hope that if you need more support that you reach out to us here.

im getting verbally abused by my mother and stepfather and my mother has to go through verbal and physical abuse since the time I was 9 I was just to scared to reach out but I want to be taken away from the home and not be in that type of environment anymore but I also wanna do it anonymously what do I do
    ​​​​​

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.

You mentioned suffering verbal abuse at home. We are so sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are ever in immediate danger or are feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. In these forms of child abuse reporting, your parent/legal guardian would not be told who filed the report if you so wish, but an investigation will be carried out if deemed necessary.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive, and you know your situation best.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
      NRS

Uh I dont know how to do this but ill try....my parents are getting a divorces and I dont wanna be with either of them because of what they did, they made me suicidal mutable times, and I was wondering if CPS can take me away so I can live with my friend if they agree to take care of me, but I can still see my family just not everyday

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS – it takes a lot of courage to share your story. We’re so sorry to hear about your parents’ divorce – that must be very difficult. You deserve to feel safe, comfortable, and loved, especially in your home. But we’re glad to hear that you have a friend to lean on for support.

We’re also very sorry to hear that you’ve experienced thoughts of suicide. If you find yourself thinking about suicide again, please don’t hesitate to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255.

Filing an abuse or neglect report with Child Protective Services is an option. If you call them and explain your situation, they will assign a social worker to conduct a full investigation, and the social worker will decide what’s in your best interest. CPS investigations can result in any number of things (i.e. family counseling, regular home visits by a social worker, parenting classes, you living with a relative/foster family/friend, etc.) – it all depends on what the social worker thinks is in your best interests,
      Child Help is an excellent organization – their website (www.childhelp.org) might be helpful to you. You can also call us at 1 (800) RUN-AWAY if you want to learn more about reporting, want help in filing a report, or just want to talk. We’re 24/7 and confidential. We’re here to listen, and we’re here to help. You’re not alone in this.

Good luck and stay safe.

NRS

Hello can cps take me away if my brother emotionally abuses me calling me a ****, **********, and **** or can they just tell my parents that we need family therapy I also should mention he bites me but not where I have a mark, he strangled me one time but no mark he digs his nails in my skin but a faint mark then its gone after a day he also tried drowning me. If it helps I live in Texas
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 01-18-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. Your brother's behavior sounds really scary and you dob't deserve to be treated like that. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. We aren't affiliated with CPS so unfortunately, we cannot tell you what their response would be if an abuse report were filed. If you do want to explore reporting your brother's actions you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. You said that there are seldom marks from your brother's abuse. It may be a good idea to take pictures of any injuries that do occur from the abuse as that can be helpful in CPS investigations.

It may be a good idea to have a serious talk with your parents about your brother's abuse. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

Hi, I am 15 and living in a bad environment. My mom and brother emotionally abuse me. consistently telling me things that bring down my confidence. I have many older siblings who have moved out as soon as possible with the same problem. but I'm not old enough. I'm not sure what to do. I'm always on the verge of killing myself and I self harmed but it isn't helping anymore. I want to run away but I'm not brave enough to face the world head on. How can I leave my house as soon as possible but still be safe?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 02-06-2020, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).
      We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don't deserve to be abused in any way. It is not your fault. You have the right to want to be treated fairly.
      It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like at some point you were fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things didn’t change.
      Your safety and well-being are important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help in this situation by letting you stay with them. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,
      NRS

i would like to have cps take me away because my mom can be very abusive to me and my brothers at times i want to call but i am scared we will get seperated and i will not be able to go the school that i am going to and my brothers will not be able to go to the schools they want to go to i also would like to live with a family member but i dont know if i can i would like to get emancipated but i dont know how to what do i do

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for taking the time to write us here at NRS. It can certainly be stressful at home when the adults in the household are not supportive. Abuse does get overwhelming and it can be tough to cope with on your own. Abuse of any kind is never okay and not your fault. Doing your own research while thinking about the decision to pursue emancipation is really responsible and resourceful!

A helpful step is to start reaching out to friends and family members you might be able to stay with. Sometimes having an adult advocate on your side can make communicating your needs more effective and it takes the pressure off of you to do it alone. Perhaps an adult family member, a friend's parent or a counselor at school can help you think through your options and what you would like to do.

If there is abuse at home, you do have the option to report it. This can be a scary and intimidating step to take, but you don't have to do it alone. You mentioned some concerns about the school you would be attending if you are removed from your mom's custody and being separated from your brothers. Generally speaking if you are removed from a guardian's custody by child protective services, their first option for alternative placement is with a family member and they do want to keep siblings together in most cases. Child Help is an organization that advocates for young people in abusive and unhealthy situations. You can contact them at 1-800-422-4453 or go to childhelphotline.org to talk more about what the reporting process might be like for you and options for having a trusted adult intervene to help.

The other option you mentioned was emancipation. Emancipation can be a lengthy and difficult process, and in some states you have to be 16 before you can start the process. To be emancipated and gain the rights and responsibilities of being a legal adult (renting an apartment, enrolling yourself in school, working full time, etc) you need to show a judge that you are already living separately from your guardian, you are able to financially support yourself, and that emancipation is in your best interest. Emancipation does often require the full participation and cooperation of your parent. If you would like to talk more about starting this process and the criteria, we can connect you with legal aid in your area. You can call us at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services and we would be happy to find resources for you.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

Stay safe,
      NRS

hi , ... so i live wit my mom and step dad .. man i wanna get out of here all my mom do is beat me really bad and make me bleed .. i hate it here i don’t want her to know how I feel .. i just wanna run away from her and i wanna live wit paris and her mom or wit my godmom bc those the only ppl i will wanna live wit ... and i just don’t wanna see my mom nor live wit her nomore

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      Be safe,
      NRS

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

I am scared that CPS will take me and my brother away.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are worried about your brother being taken away by CPS. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can and would like to hear more about the situation you’re facing.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
      NRS

My mom is very neglectful. She threatens to leave us sometimes and whenever we are hungry she just ignores us. I will ask her for food and she then changes the story and talks about how we always ask her for everything and nobody loves her. She calls us insensitive and says bad things about us to the family like how we are so rude and we go through her things. We are not rude. She thinks me saying I don’t want to do her laundry is rude. So if I ask her if we can go get a notebook for school she will ignore me or yell at me bc I’m asking her to do something for me when I didn’t do something for her yesterday. We go through her things because she hides everything.... my mail, clothes, steals MY money, and she’ll go in my room and take things and throw them away. Whenever I feel pain or I feel like I have a disease(which turns out I did) she says I’m overreacting and no one every cares about her when she’s hurt. Other times I’ll be brushing my teeth my mom and she’ll just walk in and say things like “oh u think ur pretty” or “wow look at u such a model” and “stop staring at yourself” when I’m brushing my damn teeth. The other day she got mad because I was looking at myself in the mirror (that day I dressed up and I felt proud) and she kept making side comments like “do u have to let the whole world know ur pretty” and “stop staring at yourself go get ready for school”. She gets mad and overreacts when we ask her to buy basic stuff for us like socks underwear, bras, food, even pads and tampons. She likes to think that she’s so important so she buys 400$ sunglasses and 1000$ jewelry and expend clothes when she can barely afford anything. She works at a senior home for gods sake. Just asking her for anything is a big problem. I don’t even want to get started on my dad bc he’s something else. I want to get out of here so bad but I’m 15. I don’t have a job or anything. I feel bad for my lil brother bc he feels like no one loves him when my siblings and I do. Our parents don’t and my dad physically hits him and when they get into fights my dad has pushed his head on the counter top and on the fireplace. My mom just turns her back when this happens and I usually have to break it up. And my father doesn’t even think he’s in the wrong. My family is ********ed up and I feel like if i called cps they would call my other family members and they are even worse to a point where I would actually ********** kill myself If I lived there for 5 months+
    They are all bad and I KNOW they have some type of narcissistic disorder. If you r pretty they call u a whore and if u are ugly they call u retarded. If u are fat they say u should lose weight and u are worthless and if ur skinny they make fun of u. I’ve had bullies before but they were nvr as cruel as the adults in my family. The only thing I’m grateful is that my mom is not physically abusive like she was(now she’s just VERY neglectful). I could nvr forget the day she pulled my sister into the closet and beat the **** outta her bc she couldn’t finish her food. Or the day she threw her car keys at my eye bc I wasn’t listening to her and I ended up with a black eye. She kept me out of school for a while until it could heal. When I was younger, Cps came to my elementary school and she was scared ********less and after I got a beating bc I “said things that’s shouldn’t have been said”. Me at the time didn’t even know what she was doing was wrong, I thought it was Normal. Then once she got in a fight with my sister and almost killed her and my sister called the police. U could tell she was scared and I know that if we told the policeman what she does, she would instantly go to jail. I wanna call cps again but I don’t want to be put into foster care or moved to my relatives cause they are all abusive. I wanna live with my siblings in an apartment bc i know we can take care of ourselves. All we need is money and a source of transportation. I just need help I don’t know what to do
    Last edited by ccsmod0; 03-18-2020, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern, which it sounds like your siblings and yourself are being harmed. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

My parents both have anger issues and threaten to hit me for no reason. Earlier I was crying and I left the bathroom frustrated so my dad got in my face, pushed me and poked me in the eye saying he’s gonna “knock me the ******** out one day to stop my attitude”, when I really was just standing there taking his lecture. To top it off I was already crying out of frustration of a fight with somebody else. My mom says she’s gonna be in jail for killing me one day. All my dad does is get in my face all the time. I’m sick of it and I wanna leave, I’m on my last notch I swear to god. I just wanna leave I’m frustrated and fed up.
    Last edited by ccsmod0; 04-09-2020, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      Be safe,
      NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
      Last edited by ccsmod0; 04-09-2020, 01:16 AM.

can cps take me to my moms house because i live with my dad and my stepmom is ruining my life and hits me and is making everyone hate me and i just want to get taken to my mom because she loves me and is just better to be with

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It sounds like your stepmom has been crossing the line and that is not OK. You deserve to feel respected, safe and loved at home.

You mentioned some things about your stepmom hitting you that raise concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

It may be beneficial to speak with your mom directly about your desire to live with her. Sometimes custody transfers will need to go through the family court system and it may be beneficial to speak with a legal advocate. If you need help locating a legal aid group near you you can check out https://www.lawhelp.org/find-help/.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Stay safe,
      NRS

Hi, Can cps just take me away? I have a bad flinching reflex as I am emotionally and physically abused.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way.

If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We aren’t experts on the issue and we can’t say for certain, but generally once it's been reported, social services will decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) to high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

You are not alone in this. We’re here to listen, and we’re here to help in any way we can. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are ever at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If you feel unsafe, you may also wish to visit The National Safeplace website (www.nationalsafeplace.org). You can look up your city and state to see if there are any safe places near you.

Take care,
      NRS

Cps said my mother is still fit to be my parent, even though I have scratches and bruises that have been examined by the police and a hospital, and I feel like I've been failed...what do I do?

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting us here at NRS
      From what you have told us it seems like CPS did not do anything. A good idea to help is perhaps gather as much evidence as you can to call CPS again. The more evidence you present the better your case always. Another good thing to pursue is recruit adults who can help advocate for you. Usually with more adults they can genuinley help with reporting dn keeping you safe. If you feel wish to speak to speak to someone you can reach out to CHILD HELP Hotline: (800) 422-4453 . They are an organization that helps youth report and give advice in times like these. Also please always know you can reach out to us here at NRS through chat or on the phone.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
      NRS

Can I go plz I wanna live with dad my mom is drinking and is abusive and she bring boy to our house plz CPS

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. It sounds like home has not been safe for you and you want to live with your dad rather than your mom. It is not okay for your mom to make you feel uncomfortable or unwanted at home. You have a right to be safe and you deserve to feel supported.

We do not have the authority to say for sure if you can leave home or not, but we can talk through possible options and scenarios. From what you shared, it sounds like you live with your mom full-time and your dad lives separately. A helpful start could be to reach out to your dad for help with this situation. This way he can communicate with your mom about your needs and talk to her about you living with him.

You shared a couple of things that make us concerned for your safety and that could be considered abuse. You can make a report to child protective services and tell them about any abusive behaviors that happen at home, that your mom drinks around you, and that you feel uncomfortable with the men your mom is bringing into the home. Making a report is a way to get help with this situation and one possible outcome could be that you live with your dad or another family member. This can be a scary decision to make and you are not alone. You can speak with an advocate at the National Child Abuse Hotline to learn more about the reporting process and to receive help with making a report, www.childhelp.org.

Thank you again for sharing your situation with us. We understand it takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and we truly want to be a support for you. If you would like to talk more about this and explore your possible options, please do not hesitate to reach out again. We are available 24/7 by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat services at 1800runaway.org.

Stay strong!
      NRS

I was wondering if cps shows up and you tell them you don’t feel safe in the house you are living in can they take you away but I do not want my family to know the reason they are mentally abusive

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a tough situation at home, and we commend you on contacting us for help.
      It is important you know, first of all, that no one deserves to be mentally abused. You should feel supported and loved in your home. We are so sorry to hear you are going through this. To your question, generally CPS will carry out an investigation after an abuse report is made and approved. CPS will not take you out of your home without identifiable evidence of abuse. Sometimes with mental abuse, the evidence can be trickier, as the harm this leaves is not physical in identifiable ways. If you are interested in talking more about how to report an abuse and what this may mean for you, we encourage you to reach out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453. They may be able to help you understand if this process is right for you. We can also talk through this and other options with you, and as mandated reporters, can report an abuse with you over the phone.
      We hope this was helpful for you. We encourage you to reach out if you need more information or just need to talk. Our phone number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and our website is 1800runaway.org—you can click CHAT there to instant message with us.
      Stay safe and strong,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X