Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

I’m 15 years old and I want to move out. My entire family is toxic and they hate me. My moms selfish and money hungry, my dads not even legal and he was physically/(still is)verbally abusive. I was sexually assaulted at 12 and they blame me for that. They also accuse me of faking my health issues. I HATE being sick and there’s no reason for me to fake anything. I’m sick of all of it and it’s making me fall back into my suicidal state. Is it possible for me to move out?

Thank you for telling us your story and reaching out. It takes great strength and courage to tell others what has happened to you. We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.

We are sorry to hear that you were assaulted. You deserve to have people that care, support and believe you, if you are not getting that the Rape Abuse Incest National Network could help. RAINN offers fee and confidential support and can connect you with resources in your area. They can be reached at RAINN.org or directly at 1-800-656-4873.

It sounds like your health is important to you, If you’re not currently getting mental health resources, you can contact NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) to connect you to mental health resources at 1-800-950-NAMI or NAMI.org. You may also want to talk to your school because they should have a counselor for you and can possibly connect you to someone for your overall health concerns.

We’re also sorry to hear that you’ve attempted suicide in the past. Your life is very important. If you begin having those thoughts again and want to talk with someone anonymously, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. One resource that might work for you is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can reach them at 1-800-273-8255. They also have an internet chat function through their website at suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Running away can be a big decision and it can be stressful to figure out. If you don’t feel safe and feel like you need to get away immediately, Nationalsafeplace.org provides a safe location for you to meet a staff member who can take you to a designated place where you can discuss all options about how to stay safe. You can text 44357 the word “safe,” and your location to find a safe location in your area. Once you arrive let someone who works there know you need help connecting with a staff member.

We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for “harboring.” You could consider calling your local non-emergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

We would love to talk more about the details of your situation so that we can work towards a solution you find acceptable. If you would like to share more, please feel free to call our 24 hour hotline at 1-800Runaway (786-2929) or use our live chat. We hope this information was helpful and take care.

-NRS.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X