Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away but my mom might ground me

I am sick and tired of my mom yelling at me and basically saying that what I do is never good enough. I am best friends with someone in Louisiana and I want to run to there, but I live in Nebraska and it takes two weeks to walk there. If my mom calls the cops, I could get sent back home and then she'll ground me, yell at me, and take all of my things away. She might even slap me or hit me. What do I do?

Re: I want to run away but my mom might ground me

Hi there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. That sounds like you have a lot going on at home. It must be frustrating and hurtful when your mom yells at you all the time. It shows a lot that you reached out to us here at NRS though. That is something to be proud of.
    That is not fair of your mom to say things that imply you are not good enough. Nobody deserves to be emotionally/verbally abused no matter the circumstance. Though this may not be the situation at hand, but sometimes parents, or people in general, do not know what they are doing or what they are saying is hurting you. Sometimes talking to them about what is going on and how you are feeling can open their eyes to it and things might change. If this is not the case at hand or you do not feel comfortable talking with your mother, talking to a close friend or family member could be an option. A good support system is always important in situations like yours. If you have a close friend or family member, you could let them know what is going on and either they could talk with your parent or help you find other ways to resolve the issues at hand, if that is something you are interested in doing.
    It sounds like you are in a tough spot and have a lot going on. If you want to talk about things a little more or would like some resources feel free to contact us either at our toll free 24/7 hotline or our live chat that is open daily.
    Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X