I'm thinking of running away. . .

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking of running away. . .

I have a hard time dealing with stress, so lately I've been smoking pot to help relax me. A friend came over to buy some and my mom asked why he came over, thinking on the top of my head, i told her he wanted to ask me something. (i had just began digging my hole) she wanted to know what he asked so i said he wanted to know if i would have sex with his friend, that p-ed {edited for language} her off. We are going to his house tomorrow to talk with his parents. I'm dead meat when my parent found out that i lied and that ive been doing drugs. My llife will be over, plus my dad is very short tempered! And hes ALOT bigger than be... :[ help?

Re: I'm thinking of running away. . .

Thank you for posting a bulletin. We are sorry to hear about your situation. You mention that you had been feeling stress out, what was making you feel that way? Sounds like smoking pot is one of the ways you cope. Do you have other ways of coping with stress? Has your mom asked you before about friend coming over? What do you think made her ask tonight? Have you thought about what your response is going to if you have to talk to your friend’s parent? It sounds like you are thinking about telling the truth about using drugs, what do you think your parents will say or do?

Here are so resources to also try:

National Alcohol Substance Abuse Information Center: 1800-784-6776 or view their website at http://www.addictioncareoptions.com/home.asp.

Covenant House, which is a crisis line: 1800-999-9999 or view their website at http://www.covenanthouse.org/.

We are a 24/7 confidential, non-judging crisis line if you would like to discuss in more detail about your situation and discuss possible options. Our number is 1800RUNAWAY (786-2929) and look forward in speaking with you! We wish you the best!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My family is always treating me like crap. Im a good student and everything but they never tell me good job instead they give all my other sisters attention instead of me! My sister is a crackhead... and they give her all the attention, i mean yea she needs attention but i do too. I havent eaten in 2 days! MY hair is falling out, i look sick, im loosing alot of weight!

Comment

Thanks so much for writing in. It definitely sounds like you are dealing with a difficult situation, and it seems like a lot of it stems from the relationship you have with your family. You mentioned that your parents don’t give you any attention and it sounds like you are feeling really frustrated with the situation. Have you spoken with your parents about how you are feeling? What do you think there response would be if they found out how hurt you felt by there actions? Is there any one else you have been able to talk about this situation with? A friend, another family member, or perhaps a counselor? It sounds like this is affecting you a lot, even to the point where you have stopped eating. Has anybody else noticed your sudden weight drop and that you are looking sick. Are there other ways that you are dealing with this stress in your life? It’s never easy feeling like the people around you don’t care and it’s understandable that you are feeling stressed out. Sometimes it can help to talk with others about the situation or think about different ways to cope with this situation. If you ever need to talk with someone you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here 24 hours a day to listen. In the meantime take care and give us a call anytime you need to.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X