No announcement yet.

Family Issues

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Family Issues

    It’s a long story but?where can I go with no money and a job?I am currently looking for a job?and I have been pleading with my dad for the money for about a few years now?my mom took money from me?back when so had Wells Fargo?and my mom said that she needed money?so I was nice enough to give here money from my account?the 2000 dollers?wrong mistake?because it was my money and they never payed me back?long story short I never got it back and I keep on bringing it up and ask for it and they don’t cooperate?also my parents have a mental illness?they have 2 dogs?but one of them is suffering?we tryied to give him medicine?but it’s not doing as much?and he is suffering?my dad is refusing to put him down because of his meantal illness?me and my brother no what’s going on with the dogs?because we have been dealing with this for about 5 years or more with these dogs?on top of that?my parents are very bad?why because they also ubused us when we where kids?to the point that we where crying and they cursed and hit us too?they don’t do it anymore but they still have that mental illness?you know?not cooperating and so much more?there stubbornness is sickening?I need help ASAP WHAT SHOULD I DO AND WHERE SHOULD I LIVE?I need to get out of this hell hole NOW!I am sad right now?mad?and lost for words of how bad they have be come?

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us your story. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time right now and we hope to be able to help. It’s unfair that you helped your mom by giving her money and she has not repaid it back. And regardless of how long ago it was no one deserve to be abused and you should have not had to go through that. We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report if you are under the age of 18, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble and potentially get charged with what is called “harboring.” You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

    If you don’t feel safe and feel like you need to get away provides a safe location for you to meet a staff member who can take you to a designated place where you can discuss all options about how to stay safe. You can text 44357 the word “safe,” and your location to find a safe location in your area. Once you arrive let someone who works there know you need help connecting with a staff member.If you are in need of shelters can provide you with safe places to stay in your area. We suggest to call the location before you go to make sure they have space available and find out what their intake process is.

    You mentioned both your parents have mental health issues. If they are not currently getting mental health resources, you can contact SAMHSA to connect them to mental health resources at 1-877-726-4727 or
    Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us at 1-800Runaway (786-2929) or use our live chat at

    Wish you the best
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp