Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I got home yesterday after school my mom didn't allow me to be in my room and sh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I got home yesterday after school my mom didn't allow me to be in my room and sh

I am sixteen about to be seventeen next month and my mom is currently out on bail my dad is deported trying to get his papers. I have tried speaking to social workers, foster parents, police, school principals, teachers and counselors and no one is helping me.I constantly tell everyone I don't feel safe at home my mom has already stolen all of my belongings (clothes, hair products, hygiene supplies, school books, school id, school bag, etc.) She's always drinking, and arguing with her boyfriend, threatening me, selling drugs in and out of the apt. My mom already got me fired from my job at stater bros last week because she cancelled my work permit, they said that they would hire me back on once I get everything situated or turn 18. I have good grades and I have never been in any trouble with the law or school. I've had problems with my mom for as long as I could remember, i was also put into foster care for a year and three months at the age of 9.they put me back in her care because she took some parenting classes. Nothing has changed I am constantly being verbally abused, she is very manipulating, and constantly harases people. She is threatening to take me out of school and put me in a continuation school. Just yesterday

Re: When I got home yesterday after school my mom didn't allow me to be in my room an

Hello-

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you’ve been battling issues with your mom for such a long time. From what you’ve explained, you’ve reached out to a variety of people from professionals and adult authority figures, and no one seems to be providing you the support and guidance you need. That must be extremely frustrating and discouraging. It sounds like you are still searching for somewhere you can turn to and we will try and suggest some places.

You seem to be very responsible and have a good head on your shoulders. You mentioned you have been getting good grades and that you stay out of trouble. Most of the problems you mentioned with your mother come from her alcohol abuse and selling drugs. A good place you can turn to for support with those issues is Al-Anon. Al-Anon is a place where friends and families of problem drinkers find understanding and support. They have group meetings you can attend that can connect you with people in similar situations as yourself. They even have meetings specifically for teens. Visit the website (http://www.al-anon.org/), to get more information about what they do.

If group meetings are something you are not comfortable with but still want someone to reach out to about this issue, Families Anonymous is a number you can call to talk to someone for support on this issue. The number is 1-800-736-9805

You can also reach out to us, and with a little more information we can figure out exactly what kind of support you need, and we will do our best to connect you to the resources you need. We are a 24/7 confidential hotline, and we would love to talk to you about what is going on. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Wish you the best of luck and hope to hear from you soon.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X