14 and scared.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 and scared.

Im 14 and im scared to stay at my dads house my mom stays here also. I've had emotional and physical abuse before but it stopped for a while but its getting worse...Thursday i came home from the er i was so scared i locked myself in the bathroom and slept there. Ive hardly eaten for days but yesterday I left and someone bought me something to eat. I have a CPS case already but my caseworker is horrible at first she cussed alot but now she prays with my family when she is here. She just screams at me i don't tell her anything. She's threatened that if more reports come in she will take me to a facility. I don't know if i should leave but probably wouldn't make it far in my physical shape i could only walk about two miles maybe three. Im scared,hungry,tired,cold i don't know what to do please help.

Re: 14 and scared.

Thank you for writing us at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS) for help with and you are very strong to reach out to us. We at NRS are sorry that your return from the hospital was so difficult that you felt a need to hide in the bathroom to seek safety, and that you are physically and emotionally feeling threatened in your home. We believe that abuse is never ok and you don’t deserve to live in fear and want to assist you in finding help that will be responsive to your current challenges. NRS can best offer our help, such as:

• Support you through a three-way call between you and Child Protective Services (CPS).
    • Finding a safe place for you to stay, such as a shelter or transitional living environment.
    • Referrals to legal resources.

We understand this is a really difficult time for you and we want to help you in the best way possible. To learn more about you and the situation we are here 24/7 if you call the NRS Safeline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY).

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Will CPS even believe me? I feel like even if I talk to her she will just scream and then my family will hate me even more and it won't be good. I feel trapped but I'm the bad guy now... what do i do?

Comment

Re: 14 and scared.

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us again, it sounds like you are a bit confused about what to do or what may happen. We are sorry you are feeling this way and are feeling trapped.

You mentioned that you feel as if you are not able to speak to your mother in fear that your family may hate you in return. Perhaps one thing you may be able to do is reach out to us and we would be able to talk a bit about your situation then move forward and initiate a conference call between you and your mother. For that service, we would serve as mediators and try to mediate a conversation between you two and find a common ground. If that is something that you are interested in, please feel free to give us a call and we would be able to start that process for you.

You also mentioned that you are not sure if child services would believe you, which is a good curiosity to have. We are not able to speak on behalf of child services, but if you are able to reach out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 you would be able to talk to a child abuse counselor who is available 24/7 and ask some general questions.

We hope that we were able to give you some more information, if you have any other questions or concerns, we highly encourage you to reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chat.

We hope to get your call or chat soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X