X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 almost 17 i want be emancupated or runaway asap

HI i am A gril 16 almost 177 in three months
    For the last year i have been wanting to get emacupated i have filled out my paperwork but do they tell your parents? If my parents found out they would hurt
    me, Will i be able to go to a different home until court is over ? I have two homes i could go to is that possible?I really need help my mom is abusive emotinally verbably she has gotten in trouble for hitting me she hasnt hit me in a while but she has said she sometimes wants to kill us and she sleeps all day i take care of my self and i buy all my stuff from food to clothes and meds and pay all my bills including medical how can i hurry up the procces can i get advice?

Re: 16 almost 17 i want be emancupated or runaway asap

Thank you for contacting us on our online forum. We're sorry to hear of the problems in your home. You do not deserve to be treated like that and it is brave for you to reach out for help. You seem very resourceful!

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are not legal experts. We can only share what we have learned through years of working with runaway and homeless youth. The age of majority and the emancipation process can be different in different states, but it is possible your parents would be contacted. Here is a link for the emancipation process in California that may be helpful for you:
    http://www.publiccounsel.org/tools/p...mancipated.pdf

If you have not reached the age of majority in your state, running away is illegal and your parents could file a runaway report if you do not have their permission to go to a different home. Runaway policies vary by state and local police offices. It could be that the police just accepts reports. They also could help parents assist in searching for runaways and bring them home.
    It’s good you are reaching out for help. It’s certainly impressive how much responsibility you are taking on with the difficult pressures you are dealing with. You are not alone and we can offer help. At the National Runaway Safeline we have many resources available that could support you in your situation. We would love to assist you more and provide you with the individual support you may need. You can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X