Mom has hit me and scratched me, I'm 18

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom has hit me and scratched me, I'm 18

I have done some stupid some and disrespected my mom, I am 18 years old and been through a lot of trials. I haven't gone to school a lot due to sickness and migraines I'm trying to get to the bottom of it with my chiropractor right now. She threatens me constantly and wants to call the police today I have body aches sick stomach and a migraine! I said "I really can't make it in till later today" she started going crazy ran over to me with wide opened eyes and scratched me and hit my arm 7 times really hard. She was tiring my shirt and then was trying to tear my pants off! I shoved her away and she fell back dramatically as if I were the hulk! This is one of the many crazy moments that have happened in this house! Should I run away I can't take this pain and suffering anymore! Now both my parents are crazy!

Mom has hit me and scratched me, I'm 18

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are going through a difficult time at home.
    Things can seem to escalate pretty quickly and before you know it you are in an at risk situation.
    You have been pretty confused and frustrated by what happened.
    No one deserves to be hit by anyone. It’s too bad that you and your mom got into a physical confrontation. Are you okay physically?

It sounds like you are thinking about running away to escape from the suffering you have endured.
    We understand this might be an option for you but perhaps there may be others.
    You are welcome to call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit www.1800Runaway.org (live chat) to talk about your situation and explore some options.
    Your safety is important so if you don’t feel safe at home you might consider if there is a friend, family member or even your school where you might find safe harbor. In most states eighteen is considered a legal adult so if you feel you must leave you are probably free to do so legally.

We hope that you are okay and hope to hear from you when you are ready to call.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My mom scratched me because I complained about something. Is that OK?

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We will try to help to the best of our ability based on the information provided. It’s hard to say whether or not the situation is considered abuse, but we want you to know that you have the right to feel safe. Child Help is a hotline that has information on what defines abuse- you can give them a call and explain your situation: 1-800-422-4453.
        We are also available 24/7 to answer any questions and explore options. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY

My mum keeps scratching me whenever she’s angry. I’m sometimes left with permanent scars however I love her but I can’t keep living like this. It is affecting me a lot mentally and physically. I sometimes wish I could’ve scratched myself instead of her doing it.

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there!
        Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us what you’ve been going through. It sounds like you’re having a tough time with your mom. We’re sorry you’re experiencing this. No one deserves to be treated like this.
        You mentioned that your mom has hit and scratched you. This is never ok. You always have the right to call 911 if you feel like you are in danger. If you are under 18, you can also report abuse to the local police or child protective service (Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453). Your safety is important and we want you to know that you are not alone. We understand that you don’t want to live with your mom because it’s not good for you mentally or physically. Are there any friends or relatives you could stay with? There might be other options depending on your situation. If you want to explore those options, you can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY or on our chat line at www.1800runaway.org. We look for to hearing from you soon. In the meantime, good luck and stay strong!

I'm 21 and my mom scratches my arms when she's angry and at worst threatens to kill me I can't leave because she forced me to act stupid to be put on guardianship on top of that I'm forbidden to work (for money ) but I'm expected to wade on my parents hand and foot and if I do get any money my mom confinsates it ... I am left with 2 options 1 runaway 2 suicide this message is a third option

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for reaching out to us, we are sorry that your parents are treating you like this. It sounds like a very stressful situation, and sounds like you feel stuck in it. Have you tired contacting the police directly? If your mom has abused you, you can call local authorities and they can assess the situation. If you feel that you are ever in the face of danger call 911 immediately .You mentioned that suicide was one of your options, at NRS we truly care about your safety. Please call National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Additionally you should call National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 so they can help you over the phone if you don’t want to get law enforcement involved. If you have any question about what we discussed please call us at 1.800.runaway (786.2929), we are 24/7 and we are here to listen.

hello, my mom bites me, scratches me, punches me, kicks me, and calls me basically every bad word you can think of. then again she cooks food and is nice. but when i start to complain or say something angrily, she multiple times tries to chase me but then sometimes stops and yells every bad word at me. and other times, she would do the “abuse”. I’m afraid that the things she say is true that I’m lazy because i say i forgot and that I’m arrogant for “never” agreeing or listening to her. what should i do and change? btw I’m 14 girl.

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there,
        Thanks for reaching out, it seems like you are feeling confused by your mom’s rapid changes in how she treats you at home and are unsure what your next steps are. First thing is that it is never ok for her to physically hit, scratch, punch, kick you like that. In addition to calling you names and making you feel like your actions excuse her abuse. You don’t deserve to be hit just because you forgot or disagree with her.
        You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
        Take care,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X