Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Step dad hit my mom, and they're getting back together..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Step dad hit my mom, and they're getting back together..

So like a week or so ago, my stepdad came in the house all drunk accusing my mom of cheating which she wasn't. He was getting really loud and was calling my mom all types of names. My mom got again and threw ice at him and he got up and slapped her then hit her in the head with the trash lid. My mom grabbed a knife but he snatched it from her and somehow leaving a big gash on her finger which she had to go to get stitches. The police was called and he was still calling my mom out saying "yeah I slapped that b*tch" etc. He said he loved her. They've gotten into an arguments before and he almost choked her. He gets drunk and argues with her and belittles her in front of his friends. He gets smart with me, I don't really know what to say to him because I feel he'd say some bull crap to me. He took anger management classes but they didn't work. He got angry over little things like a cup on the table or something. He's even left my mom like 4 times and they've been married for 11 months... My mom never trusts him around me, ever since one of her old trash boyfriends abused me as a kid. Like nothing happened between usus, he even got my mom thinking that I could try something on him and I'm like I'd never lay a finger on him, especially my mom's husband. My family doesn't want anything to do with him, I don't either but I can't control my mom's decisions. I just don't want to see her get hurt anymore, I live with my bro because of all the fighting at home. My mom and I had peaceful years together until she married him. I wish my mom wouldn't be with him because I feel he'll get angry and hit her again or leave like before. They've talked and they're getting back together. I jusg don't see any good outcomes to this. I feel like crap, I tried to be alright but I can't. I care about my mom too much to see some guy hurt her again. All of her guy friends were terrible even my Dad didn't want to take responsibility. This whole situation sucks and my mind just doesn't feel right about it

Hello,
    You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services). If you feel as though you or your mom are in immediate danger it is always good to keep in mind to call the Police to help.
    If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.
    Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help. Take care, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

They fight every day I knew him for 5 years I'm 9 they always get together what do I do

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It takes great courage to reach out for help, and we are glad that you have decided to reach out to us. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.

One option would be, is to express to your mother and let her know how him assaulting her makes you feel. Also, letting her know the back and forth of getting back together overall isn’t a healthy relationship, since the hitting is still occurring. Another option is to let you mother know she can get help, and she doesn’t have to put up with your step father’s abusive behavior. If she wants help, she can contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at: 1-800-799-7233 or text “START” to 88788, and they can help her with further assistance.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are available to you 24/7 to listen and to provide support through this challenging time.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Best of luck!

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X