No announcement yet.

can i have someone from an abusive home in one state come live with me in another ?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • can i have someone from an abusive home in one state come live with me in another ?

    so my friend (lets call them sam) lives in a very abusive home. theres so many things happening in the household that are So illegal and sam is so so done. they want to leave so bad but cant. he is 15 (16 in 2 months) and lives 15 hours away from me. is there a way, legally, that i can have them taken out of the home to live with me? or at least a safe home there? he has a friend there that is a safe home. i just want him safe. ideally i want him to come stay with me. i live in a safe home with a steady income. i have a spare room, and ill be getting a job of my own soon. i am 16 and will be 17 soon. if i cant do any of this above, is there a way i can legally fight for custody when i turn 18 ? im willing to fight and pay whatever fees or payments i need to. thanks !!

  • #2
    Often, youth may reach out to NRS in several different ways to discuss their situation. If a response from NRS is not visible to a bulletin posting it may be that we have already provided services to that individual through another platform we provide such as email, our crisis hotline, or our live chat service (in operation every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST). NRS encourages anyone in need of assistance to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY to receive immediate support.
    Thank you, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp